Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have just fired him as soon as he got to 40 points or made it clear he’d be leaving at the end of the season. Everyone knows what Sam is, but we’ve now just sunk to his level.
As I said I would normally be in complete agreement with you. Anybody else but Allardyce and I'd be saying the same. maybe my dislike for the guy is impairing my judgement.

No quotes from Sharp? Did it even happen?
It was the phone in on radio city. He was in a conversation with a caller (who incidentally had the same opinion about fat Sam as 99.9% of us). The caller was making the points and sharp was more or less agreeing with them and giving his own opinion. Not sure it’s the type of thing we’re you would get a direct quote

Eh, I wonder if this is in some way down to Rooney getting the hook on the weekend...

It's very odd timing. To me you either sack him once we get to 40 points and say essentially he has done his job. It would have seemed ruthless but also a very clear message to the wider footballing world Allardyce was solely here to keep us up and we are not to see ourselves in that loop.

Or you sack him after a big defeat (like Arsenal). Or you then wait until the end of the season. I'm not sure what's gained by giving Unsworth another 5 games, or worse still another manager 5 games with a terrible squad to work with at the end of an awful season.

It will be a terrible end to the season, lots of anger and frustration by fans. Allardyce currently is centring a lot of that and taking a lot of the heat for it. He's playing a useful purpose. I don't know why that doesn't continue.

The bets case in this, is you do a City, announce Fonseca comes in the summer and Allardyce will leave. We seem to be jumping the gun again a bit though, and if we don't appoint someone or have someone lined up and out Sam, it does run the risk of becoming a circus again. (In Hindsight Koeman should only have gone once agreement was reached with Watford re Silva).
Perhaps we do have another manager lined up mate, and this is all just a precursor to an announcement to that effect. I know we aren't usually that well organised but we can live in hope;)

Personally, I feel there will be a lot more anger and frustration around if Allardyce actually stays until the end of the season. Each day he's here and opens his mouth to the press, the discontent amongst the fans, and probably around the players too, gets worse. For me, it's very similar to the last few weeks under Martinez when the club ended up sacking him prior to the last game. In doing so they defused what could have been a highly charged situation against Norwich, and I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened in the next couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back