Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle will finish above us.
Not implausible although they have a tougher run of fixtures than us. A lot could depend on our meeting at Goodison.
A defeat to the Barcodes managed by the chunky Iberian waiter could well see our chunkier headman swinging from a Goodison road lamppost ( figuratively speaking of course).

He possibly has the thickest skin in the footballing world and he doesn`t care one bit whether he`s liked it or not.

He knows he`s on borrowed time and he`s scrabbling around for pundits like the snide Jim White, to give him a platform to spout his s***e from.

He sounded " defiant " more than anything to me.

As much as I dislike Mickey Quinn, he was " muzzled " to a certain extent and you got the feeling that he had a lot more to say about Allardyce, than he was allowed to say.

Bob Mills went massively down in my estimation too.
Never liked Bob Mills hes an embarrassment and always seems to one sentence away from being sacked.

Yes he could have forced the issue, but I have more respect for the fact he chose to honour his contract. I thought our approach was ethically dubious at the time, but appointing Sam was a moment of panic. I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he just seems to be winging it, safe in the knowledge that he is on a big pay off.
As you can see in the link,if Watford had gone to the Premier League the worst thing to happen would have been that they would have decided how much we had to pay in compensation.The truth is he might have been interested in managing us....just not enough.And I still think we dodged a bullet with him.

@davids your thoughts sir ?

It seems as though there could now be a conspiracy in the press too ?
I really don't see where you keep getting this idea that I in some way support Allardyce,I've stated in many posts that he would be nowhere near my choice as a manager for our club.But like it or not he is.Moshiri obviously wants a new stadium as we all do.For this to happen we need to be in the top division.Now maybe Unsworth had turned it round and the win (although lucky) might have been the start of a long period of good results and he would have been given the job full time.But that's just guess work,a bit like the "Did Roms goals really have any impact as we would have finished 7th without them" It's something we'll never know because it's all about timing.Did Unsworths tactical prowess and pre- match team talk get the three points,or was it the fact the players felt more confident knowing that a manager who like it or not has a track record of sorting out under performing teams had been appointed? Maybe because I still can't work out how any alleged supporter can want our club to succeed but the manager to fail can be anything but muddled thinking has singled me out as an Allardyce apologist? Maybe I should just go with the gang mentality and spout the infantile,gravy guzzling,pie eating,fat mess brigade.But I won't! It does our club and it's loyal support base no credit.

We will lose on Saturday to Swansea as they beat Arsenal and we cant compete with Arsenal so we cant compete with Swansea.

#Allardyceout

Hopefully the stands will be empty on the final whistle of that last home game, question the sanity of anyone who wants to aplause this squad
My memory might be failing me,but didn't the other group of jokers do a lap of honour after the Wimbledon game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back