Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see what the problem is

Allardyce was brought in to keep us in the league. He has, seemingly, fairly comfortably achieved that and nobody is ever going to convince me that it wasn't on the cards because until Unsworth's last game it felt like we were in free fall

So, hes done what he was brought in to do and I'm thankful for that. I haven't enjoyed much (any?) of what I've seen since he came here, but the most important thing was stability and we've had that

I don't think you'll find a single Everton fan who thinks he should stay beyond the end of this season because I would like someone more progressive who will play a discernible style and give us an identity - I don't have any confidence whatsoever that Allardyce can deliver that, so he leaves in the summer and we part on amicable terms

The only issue would arise if we had to put up with it for more than just this season. I genuinely don't think there's any realistic prospect of that, but if there is then we can get the fume going then. Until then, we ride out this horror of a season and we draw a line under this whole sorry mess of Walsh and Allardyce and their cohorts then

A fair and reasoned post, but I maintain we were never in danger of relegation. I believe that most managers available at the time, including Unsworth, could have - on the pitch anyway - have achieved the same, or better, as sam, who’s football style is dire to say the least which rather proves the point.

Where sam did make a difference, as far as I can see (and this wasn’t beyond the remit of other managers), was to sort out the lack of discipline and mutinous behaviour behind the scenes that blighted the squad at the time. No doubt Unsworth had to contend with this as well as the squad’s performance at the time; a lot to ask of him despite placing him in a compromising position.

If you struggle to get results with the resources the size of ours, you really shouldn’t be in management, anywhere.

I really don't see where you keep getting this idea that I in some way support Allardyce,I've stated in many posts that he would be nowhere near my choice as a manager for our club.But like it or not he is.Moshiri obviously wants a new stadium as we all do.For this to happen we need to be in the top division.Now maybe Unsworth had turned it round and the win (although lucky) might have been the start of a long period of good results and he would have been given the job full time.But that's just guess work,a bit like the "Did Roms goals really have any impact as we would have finished 7th without them" It's something we'll never know because it's all about timing.Did Unsworths tactical prowess and pre- match team talk get the three points,or was it the fact the players felt more confident knowing that a manager who like it or not has a track record of sorting out under performing teams had been appointed? Maybe because I still can't work out how any alleged supporter can want our club to succeed but the manager to fail can be anything but muddled thinking has singled me out as an Allardyce apologist? Maybe I should just go with the gang mentality and spout the infantile,gravy guzzling,pie eating,fat mess brigade.But I won't! It does our club and it's loyal support base no credit.
Thanks as always, for your balanced and measured response.

Until next time, toodles x

Firstly, if you think that article ratifies your view that Silva could have easily walked away from his contract and Everton sign him up immediately, I suggest you read it again. What Arsenal has to do with it I have no idea. The question I answered was that nobody has answered your (numerously posted) question, who wanted the Everton managers job? I gave you 2 names.

Secondly, it's abundantly clear that you have absolutely no idea what is happening with Unsworth and the under 23s. I suggest you spend some time reading the youth team threads. In the meantime it would be best if you probably stick to your Allardyce love in posts as they suit you better.

A fair and reasoned post, but I maintain we were never in danger of relegation. I believe that most managers available at the time, including Unsworth, could have - on the pitch anyway - have achieved the same, or better, as sam, who’s football style is dire to say the least which rather proves the point.

Where sam did make a difference, as far as I can see (and this wasn’t beyond the remit of other managers), was to sort out the lack of discipline and mutinous behaviour behind the scenes that blighted the squad at the time. No doubt Unsworth had to contend with this as well as the squad’s performance at the time; a lot to ask of him despite placing him in a compromising position.

If you struggle to get results with the resources the size of ours, you really shouldn’t be in management, anywhere.

Look back a few weeks, before those two quick wins, and many people were still very, very concerned.

You don't know and I don't know what would have happened.

Look back a few weeks, before those two quick wins, and many people were still very, very concerned.

Indeed, all hypothetical as you write.

However, on the balance of probabilities (e.g. length of season left, standard of clubs in or around us at the time, resources available, reputation etc.), I’d postulate that we were highly likely to avoid the drop.

I still squirm recalling the moment Joe Royle came down to the bench to offer advise during the Southampton fiasco
That was a bad moment to be sure. I understood why Joe came down, but it can't have done much to help Unsworth's standing in front of the players and people in charge.

But who could come down to offer advice and a shoulder to cry on now for Big Scam and make the gravy guzzler look worse than he is? I'm going for a zombie Emelyn Hughes.

Charles Hawtrey said:
Might I suggest there are too many O's in your avatar's name....

Admittedly my(humourously intended) comment was posted without shame. However I fail to see how that makes me an extremist or overly aggressive. Surely too, I belong to the same social media brigade as you, as we both post on GOT? I would suggest a sense of humour is a requirement for partaking in social media and forums like this. I am sorry to hear you have not yet developed one.

Lol

very true, before Brighton a lot of us were worried, luckily we pulled that one out. The Stoke performance was woeful, despite the win. they have made us safe, but you look at the games vs Spurs Arsenal and City, totally out classed and out played, if the RS havnt rested Salah and co it would of been another massacre.
If Unsworth was in charge against that RS team, we would have won, he would have given us the passion and the drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back