Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam failed BTW his remit was to steady the ship and get us 7th not survive with 2/3 of the season to go. Don't kno why this miff off keep us save was his only remit has come from

We keep on hearing how Allardyce steadied the ship and improved us a lot from Koeman and kept us up. It is absolute drivel, mostly propagated by Allardyce himself. Allardyce has been here for 21 games starting from the game after the West Ham game which he had nothing to do with as he wasn't even appointed till the next day. Koeman got sacked after the Arsenal game so I have included that drubbing and gone back the previous 21 games in all competitions (not friendlies) so that we can see this improvement, steadying the ship and saving us from relegation for ourselves.

Allardyce

21 games in all competitions from after the West Ham game.

Win = 8
Draw = 5
Lose = 8

Koeman

21 games in all competitions (not friendlies) from end of last season up to and including the Arsenal game.

Win = 7
Draw = 4
Lose = 10

So there you have it. Allardyce has won and drew 1 more game than Koeman and lost 2 less than him. Very little improvement, certainly not ship steadying form and it is very unlikely that we would have been relegated under Koeman considering that we were safe 3 games ago and there are still 5 left to play. Allardyce did not steady the ship and did not save us from relegation, end of. The results do not lie.

Both Koeman and Allardyce are as poor as each other and a new Manager is required and it wont really be that difficult for a new Manager to improve us from the previous 2 Managers form and move us forward.

A fair and reasoned post, but I maintain we were never in danger of relegation. I believe that most managers available at the time, including Unsworth, could have - on the pitch anyway - have achieved the same, or better, as sam, who’s football style is dire to say the least which rather proves the point.

Where sam did make a difference, as far as I can see (and this wasn’t beyond the remit of other managers), was to sort out the lack of discipline and mutinous behaviour behind the scenes that blighted the squad at the time. No doubt Unsworth had to contend with this as well as the squad’s performance at the time; a lot to ask of him despite placing him in a compromising position.

If you struggle to get results with the resources the size of ours, you really shouldn’t be in management, anywhere.
I think we were in real danger of relegation. If the board did anything right it was acting early enough in the season so that there was plenty of time to make changes.
We were in real trouble and the results that we got as Sam arrived and immediately after really took the pressure off our season.
The problem would have arisen if the board hadn't acted and results continued as they had for another couple of months, we could easily have been a WBA, Stoke, Southampton. It's not as if we have been wonderfully convincing at any time this season, just blundering through with the pressure relieved by the bounce given after the arrival of a new manager.

We keep on hearing how Allardyce steadied the ship and improved us a lot from Koeman and kept us up. It is absolute drivel, mostly propagated by Allardyce himself. Allardyce has been here for 21 games starting from the game after the West Ham game which he had nothing to do with as he wasn't even appointed till the next day. Koeman got sacked after the Arsenal game so I have included that drubbing and gone back the previous 21 games in all competitions (not friendlies) so that we can see this improvement, steadying the ship and saving us from relegation for ourselves.

Allardyce

21 games in all competitions from after the West Ham game.

Win = 8
Draw = 5
Lose = 8

Koeman

21 games in all competitions (not friendlies) from end of last season up to and including the Arsenal game.

Win = 7
Draw = 4
Lose = 10

So there you have it. Allardyce has won and drew 1 more game than Koeman and lost 2 less than him. Very little improvement, certainly not ship steadying form and it is very unlikely that we would have been relegated under Koeman considering that we were safe 3 games ago and there are still 5 left to play. Allardyce did not steady the ship and did not save us from relegation, end of. The results do not lie.

Both Koeman and Allardyce are as poor as each other and a new Manager is required and it wont really be that difficult for a new Manager to improve us from the previous 2 Managers form and move us forward.
Presumably Unsy's spell would only be 8 games
Win = 2
Draw = 1
Lose = 5

That would make the win % for each:
BFS - 38%
Moonhead - 33.3%
Reserve Mgr - 25%
Teh BFS record looks better from this but it assumes all games are created equal. I would think we would need to weight home games and games against teams from the top half vs the bottom half or just the big 6.... some stat head must of done this already - surely?

I think we were in real danger of relegation. If the board did anything right it was acting early enough in the season so that there was plenty of time to make changes.
We were in real trouble and the results that we got as Sam arrived and immediately after really took the pressure off our season.
The problem would have arisen if the board hadn't acted and results continued as they had for another couple of months, we could easily have been a WBA, Stoke, Southampton. It's not as if we have been wonderfully convincing at any time this season, just blundering through with the pressure relieved by the bounce given after the arrival of a new manager.
Perhaps the biggest danger of relegation was ourselves, the fans.
Maybe the Evertons fanbase started to believe it was likely let alone plausible.
I am also not convinced that our 'resurgence to safety' was entirely due to the new manager bounce. Perhaps it had something to do with a level of confidence being restored by a 4-0 home win and a hat-trick for Rooney.

Firstly, if you think that article ratifies your view that Silva could have easily walked away from his contract and Everton sign him up immediately, I suggest you read it again. What Arsenal has to do with it I have no idea. The question I answered was that nobody has answered your (numerously posted) question, who wanted the Everton managers job? I gave you 2 names.

Secondly, it's abundantly clear that you have absolutely no idea what is happening with Unsworth and the under 23s. I suggest you spend some time reading the youth team threads. In the meantime it would be best if you probably stick to your Allardyce love in posts as they suit you better.
I suggest you read it without blinkers,there is no window for managers.Everton didn't try to tap him up so no foul.The reference to Arsenal was that if Wenger goes and Silva had produced a stella season for us we would be waving goodbye pronto.As for love posts,you blind hate agenda warps any chance you can read a post correctly.Just go back to your delusion that Everton as a team can prosper while the Allardyce the manager fails.

I suggest you read it without blinkers,there is no window for managers.Everton didn't try to tap him up so no foul.The reference to Arsenal was that if Wenger goes and Silva had produced a stella season for us we would be waving goodbye pronto.As for love posts,you blind hate agenda warps any chance you can read a post correctly.Just go back to your delusion that Everton as a team can prosper while the Allardyce the manager fails.
Okay mate.

Look. I've never denied I hate Allardyce and I've often admitted that sometimes clouds my judgement. But this has nothing to do with him.

Perhaps the biggest danger of relegation was ourselves, the fans.
Maybe the Evertons fanbase started to believe it was likely let alone plausible.
I am also not convinced that our 'resurgence to safety' was entirely due to the new manager bounce. Perhaps it had something to do with a level of confidence being restored by a 4-0 home win and a hat-trick for Rooney.
Like a lot of things football related it's guesswork.If the West Ham penalty had gone in or Cleverley could take a spot kick we could be looking at a totally different season.

Currently,we aren't prospering and Allardyce is failing.

But we aren't getting relegated,and if I'm not mistaken that was why he was brought in.Hopefully now that's acheived he'll move on.
Understand your point but at present there remains a nagging doubt that we may honour the full term of his contract which informs much of the growing animosity towards him.
That and his peculiarly unlikeable public persona of course.

Understand your point but at present there remains a nagging doubt that we may honour the full term of his contract which informs much of the growing animosity towards him.
That and his peculiarly unlikeable public persona of course.
If thats true and I hope it isn't then Moshiri should be getting the stick.Allardyce is an easy target but I'd imagine most of us would do what he's doing in the same situation.Why jump when a push is far more profitable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back