Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
from another site

DaXstcdWkAEDMWx.jpg

As much as it really irks me to say it I’m glad the victims won the two high profile games against City and that they’ll be as smug as ever for ages.
Why?
Because if Farhad Moshiri doesn’t breath it all in, compare their ambition, their season, their attacking intent, their ability to score goals at will and their managers ability to motivate pretty average players and realise what an absolute abomination his decisions have been and that he needs to act, then we’ll know he’s a fraud. And if he does act and swing the axe and bring in a top quality attacking manager then the discomfort we’re feeling about their spawniness may just well be worth it.

Wake up and smell the coffee Moshiri and act NOW.

We keep on hearing how Allardyce steadied the ship and improved us a lot from Koeman and kept us up. It is absolute drivel, mostly propagated by Allardyce himself. Allardyce has been here for 21 games starting from the game after the West Ham game which he had nothing to do with as he wasn't even appointed till the next day. Koeman got sacked after the Arsenal game so I have included that drubbing and gone back the previous 21 games in all competitions (not friendlies) so that we can see this improvement, steadying the ship and saving us from relegation for ourselves.

Allardyce

21 games in all competitions from after the West Ham game.

Win = 8
Draw = 5
Lose = 8

Koeman

21 games in all competitions (not friendlies) from end of last season up to and including the Arsenal game.

Win = 7
Draw = 4
Lose = 10

So there you have it. Allardyce has won and drew 1 more game than Koeman and lost 2 less than him. Very little improvement, certainly not ship steadying form and it is very unlikely that we would have been relegated under Koeman considering that we were safe 3 games ago and there are still 5 left to play. Allardyce did not steady the ship and did not save us from relegation, end of. The results do not lie.

Both Koeman and Allardyce are as poor as each other and a new Manager is required and it wont really be that difficult for a new Manager to improve us from the previous 2 Managers form and move us forward.
Great post, Allardyce hasn't won any game i wouldn't expect Unsworth to have won. The only surprise result was the draw at Anfield, other then that i would of expected us to win every home game, bar Chelsea and Utd.

People go on like he saved us from relegation, but he hasn't, we weren't bottom and 5 points from safety with 5 games to go, we where 15/16(can't remember) and just hammered West Ham 4-0, which is probably our best performance this season. Unsworth had a terrible run of games and was really unlucky but he still won his league home games. I think we all got carried away with the though of relegation when it was highly unlikely, the main reason we thought we would was one simple sentence, Just spent 250 mil and get relegated Everton That

We keep on hearing how Allardyce steadied the ship and improved us a lot from Koeman and kept us up. It is absolute drivel, mostly propagated by Allardyce himself. Allardyce has been here for 21 games starting from the game after the West Ham game which he had nothing to do with as he wasn't even appointed till the next day. Koeman got sacked after the Arsenal game so I have included that drubbing and gone back the previous 21 games in all competitions (not friendlies) so that we can see this improvement, steadying the ship and saving us from relegation for ourselves.

Allardyce

Win = 8
Draw = 5
Lose = 8

Koeman

21 games in all competitions (not friendlies) from end of last season up to and including the Arsenal game.

Win = 7
Draw = 4
Lose = 10

So there you have it. Allardyce has won and drew 1 more game than Koeman and lost 2 less than him. Very little improvement, certainly not ship steadying form and it is very unlikely that we would have been relegated under Koeman considering that we were safe 3 games ago and there are still 5 left to play. Allardyce did not steady the ship and did not save us from relegation, end of. The results do not lie.

Both Koeman and Allardyce are as poor as each other and a new Manager is required and it wont really be that difficult for a new Manager to improve us from the previous 2 Managers form and move us forward.

Allardyce has been superior to Koeman this season. What your figures don't show are that Koeman has games against Ruzomberok x 2, Split x 2 and Sunderland in the Cup boosting his numbers. Those games against awful opposition distorts it to looks like Koeman wasn't that bad when he was an absolute disgrace this season.

Allardyce

Win = 8
Draw = 5
Lose = 8

Koeman

Win = 7
Draw = 4
Lose = 10

Allardyce

Win = 8
Draw = 5
Lose = 8

Koeman

Win = 7
Draw = 4
Lose = 10

I agree with you we need a new manager and after the end of this season that has to happen

But TBF I dont believe you can take last season and this seasons results and to come to a conclusion Koeman did as well as Sam ,
the two seasons are chalk and cheese in every way ,

2016/17 season was regarded as a positive campaign , a stepping stone to looking forward to challenging the top 5 2017/18 with not over ambitious ideals of overhauling the R/S

2017/18 has been a season made from hell we have looked nothing more than relegation material from the start , it was and still is a shock to all Evertonians , adding salt to the wounds the major progress the R/S have made.

The dramatic fall can be debated in length it even it could be a thought that Koeman was fired too soon , but IMO Koeman , Walsh inept transfer signings resulted in a confused , dysfunctional squad short of key positions with poor decisions at board level were the route cause of what went wrong

therefore in defense of Sam despite him not being fit for Everton in many ways , I believe Koeman cocked up unprecedentedly , Sam inherited this nightmare did the job he was given avoiding the drop and has therefore steadied the ship

I agree with you we need a new manager and after the end of this season that has to happen

But TBF I dont believe you can take last season and this seasons results and to come to a conclusion Koeman did as well as Sam ,
the two seasons are chalk and cheese in every way ,

2016/17 season was regarded as a positive campaign , a stepping stone to looking forward to challenging the top 5 2017/18 with not over ambitious ideals of overhauling the R/S

2017/18 has been a season made from hell we have looked nothing more than relegation material from the start , it was and still is a shock to all Evertonians , adding salt to the wounds the major progress the R/S have made.

The dramatic fall can be debated in length it even it could be a thought that Koeman was fired too soon , but IMO Koeman , Walsh inept transfer signings resulted in a confused , dysfunctional squad short of key positions with poor decisions at board level were the route cause of what went wrong

therefore in defense of Sam despite him not being fit for Everton in many ways , I believe Koeman cocked up unprecedentedly , Sam inherited this nightmare did the job he was given avoiding the drop and has therefore steadied the ship
any manager could have steadied the ship ad by all accounts it already was before he took over after the 4-0 win over West Ham, we are not any better then we were at the start of the season, he won games we SHOULD win and was unable to beat the worse team in the league twice, both of which we should have lost but Rondon crap.

Lets not forget, no shots at home in 2 games, most goals coincided, most shots coincided an so on and so forth. An the footballs as bad now as it was under Koeman and he didn't have Coleman, Bolasie, Walcott, Tosun an Bains for a few games

but IMO Koeman , Walsh inept transfer signings resulted in a confused , dysfunctional squad short of key positions with poor decisions at board level were the route cause of what went wrong

This. It cannot be argued.

The funds were available to Koeman, and for Walsh to identify suitable players. A striker even 75% of what Lukaku could give was the bare minimum required in that position and they chose instead to spend close to £45m on Sigurdsson and £25m on Klaassen. Both Koeman and Walsh are accountable for that and for numerous other decisions made in the transfer window. I also hold Walsh and Allardyce accountable for allowing no left back cover to be brought in during January, even if it was a loan deal.

any manager could have steadied the ship ad by all accounts it already was before he took over after the 4-0 win over West Ham, we are not any better then we were at the start of the season, he won games we SHOULD win and was unable to beat the worse team in the league twice, both of which we should have lost but Rondon crap.

Like Alan Pardew?

When Koeman was sacked we were 18th, we are now 9th so can you please explain your reasoning for saying we are no better now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back