Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If thats true and I hope it isn't then Moshiri should be getting the stick.Allardyce is an easy target but I'd imagine most of us would do what he's doing in the same situation.Why jump when a push is far more profitable
If it does transpire like that Moshiri will be getting the stick , and deservedly so. At the moment I think most of us just want to ensure he gets the message, because I suspect if he doesn't the circumstances that led to Martinez's early departure may well be replicated.

I think we were in real danger of relegation. If the board did anything right it was acting early enough in the season so that there was plenty of time to make changes.
We were in real trouble and the results that we got as Sam arrived and immediately after really took the pressure off our season.
The problem would have arisen if the board hadn't acted and results continued as they had for another couple of months, we could easily have been a WBA, Stoke, Southampton. It's not as if we have been wonderfully convincing at any time this season, just blundering through with the pressure relieved by the bounce given after the arrival of a new manager.

My point essentially, blue, is that this was money for old rope; the task was not a difficult one.

He was needed because of the absolute balls-up of last summer! Lets hope Moshiri can actually oversee a decent summer transfer window for once, otherwise the exact same thing will end up happening again, and our descent under Moshiri will continue.

Watching the CL is like watching football from a different planet and we aren't on it.
Was thinking this recently. Until this season bar the finals and maybe the odd game I’ve never really watched it, but it really is something else. We are so far away from the level required to even win one of the qualifiers let alone progress in the group.

He was needed because of the absolute balls-up of last summer! Lets hope Moshiri can actually oversee a decent summer transfer window for once, otherwise the exact same thing will end up happening again, and our descent under Moshiri will continue.
This! Big sam was maybe even still is needed to keep things on the level. Yay :-/

Watching them in a Champions League semi final just makes this whole debacle even worse. It's as though we were all part of Genghis Khan's hordes in a past life raping Europe and this is our punishment.

Sam [Poor language removed] Allardyce. We'll probably announce a contract extension the day after they lift the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back