Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see what the problem is

Allardyce was brought in to keep us in the league. He has, seemingly, fairly comfortably achieved that and nobody is ever going to convince me that it wasn't on the cards because until Unsworth's last game it felt like we were in free fall

So, hes done what he was brought in to do and I'm thankful for that. I haven't enjoyed much (any?) of what I've seen since he came here, but the most important thing was stability and we've had that

I don't think you'll find a single Everton fan who thinks he should stay beyond the end of this season because I would like someone more progressive who will play a discernible style and give us an identity - I don't have any confidence whatsoever that Allardyce can deliver that, so he leaves in the summer and we part on amicable terms

The only issue would arise if we had to put up with it for more than just this season. I genuinely don't think there's any realistic prospect of that, but if there is then we can get the fume going then. Until then, we ride out this horror of a season and we draw a line under this whole sorry mess of Walsh and Allardyce and their cohorts then

I don't really see what the problem is

Allardyce was brought in to keep us in the league. He has, seemingly, fairly comfortably achieved that and nobody is ever going to convince me that it wasn't on the cards because until Unsworth's last game it felt like we were in free fall

So, hes done what he was brought in to do and I'm thankful for that. I haven't enjoyed much (any?) of what I've seen since he came here, but the most important thing was stability and we've had that

I don't think you'll find a single Everton fan who thinks he should stay beyond the end of this season because I would like someone more progressive who will play a discernible style and give us an identity - I don't have any confidence whatsoever that Allardyce can deliver that, so he leaves in the summer and we part on amicable terms

The only issue would arise if we had to put up with it for more than just this season. I genuinely don't think there's any realistic prospect of that, but if there is then we can get the fume going then. Until then, we ride out this horror of a season and we draw a line under this whole sorry mess of Walsh and Allardyce and their cohorts then
Far too much common sense in your post,and you didn't call him a gravy guzzling fraud,shame on you!

Charles Hawtrey said:
Might I suggest there are too many O's in your avatar's name....
Good example of a classic attack from the extremist, overly aggressive, anti-Allardyce, social media brigade. Shameless.
Admittedly my(humourously intended) comment was posted without shame. However I fail to see how that makes me an extremist or overly aggressive. Surely too, I belong to the same social media brigade as you, as we both post on GOT? I would suggest a sense of humour is a requirement for partaking in social media and forums like this. I am sorry to hear you have not yet developed one.

I think that Sam has fluffed his lines at Everton.
When he came first his arrival was far from universally welcomed. However those who would not accept him under any circumstances were a minority , and even today when they post on here I just pass over whatever they post without reading.. there is no point, it is the same old name calling and insults.

The majority were dubious but prepared to give him a chance.

There was also a section, including myself, who were hopeful that he might take this challenge which he always felt he deserved and put something positive in place for the future.

I have been disappointed by him on several fronts..
I think he have overly critical of the players at times.
I think he has been overly defensive about his own contribution .
I think he has made comments about the club which have surprised me and shown to me that he just doesn't get the ambition of the club but more importantly the ambition of the supporters.
Comparing Everton with Newcastle and West Ham was a grievous mistake
and maybe highlighted Sam's own ambitions.

he was brought in to stabilise the club, and as far as I was concerned results were more important than performances because before he arrived I could not see how we would get 40 points the way the season was going.
His signings have been good, but he has not spoken about the future, about his vision for the future and anything he has said has been dumbing down rather than building expectations.

Since he has arrived I think he has turned many supporters away from giving him a chance and I think he is responsible for this himself.

And I'm still waiting to hear who Alardyce had as competition.Maybe it was Simeone but he wanted it kept quiet.
Well we know for certain that both Unsworth and Silva wanted the job. But you've been told this before countless times.

And you don't have to be a rocket scientist to grasp that there would be many more interested in a salary making you one of the top 10 earning managers in world football.

The fact is the club got the whole thing hopelessly wrong. They sacked the incumbent manager before they had a replacement lined up. They never gave the temporary manager sufficient authority to do the job properly. Then they panicked after a few poor results and made a wrong decision for the wrong reasons.

In my opinion, and I stress it is just an opinion, either Silva or Unsworth would have both been preferable to Allardyce although I would only have appointed Unsworth until the end of the season and then reviewed it on performance. I know it's pure conjecture as that's all we can work on, but I'm certain that we would have been in a better position now had either of them been appointed.

He knows he's gone that is why he isn't bothered about getting the fans backs up in my opinion. He couldn't be that foolish if he was guaranteed next season, surely?

Well we know for certain that both Unsworth and Silva wanted the job. But you've been told this before countless times.

And you don't have to be a rocket scientist to grasp that there would be many more interested in a salary making you one of the top 10 earning managers in world football.

The fact is the club got the whole thing hopelessly wrong. They sacked the incumbent manager before they had a replacement lined up. They never gave the temporary manager sufficient authority to do the job properly. Then they panicked after a few poor results and made a wrong decision for the wrong reasons.

In my opinion, and I stress it is just an opinion, either Silva or Unsworth would have both been preferable to Allardyce although I would only have appointed Unsworth until the end of the season and then reviewed it on performance. I know it's pure conjecture as that's all we can work on, but I'm certain that we would have been in a better position now had either of them been appointed.
https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/managers-moving-clubs/ Silva could easily have taken the job but then if he'd done well and Arsenal had shown interest this Summer guess what would happen,and the fact you think we'd still be in the division under Unsworth speaks volumes,he's not exactly doing well with the U23.Stick to your Allardyce hate posts they suit you better.

Good chap as he is but I think if we had left Unsie in charge till end of season we would now be employing FS to get us out of the championship.

Never liked Bob Mills hes an embarrassment and always seems to one sentence away from being sacked.

I always had a lot of time for Bob Mills, as a Champion of the lower leagues.

But he really has swallowed the " Big Sam " mantra hook line and sinker, which surprised me .

I thought he had more about him than that tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back