Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean demanding we sign Giroud, so we could bring him off the bench when we're losing to hit diagonals to? He's one of the very worst managers we've ever had.
Watched Giroud in his last couple of sub appearances for Chelsea.Haven't seen a more disinterested player in a while.(OK except our own French midfield general)

Watched Giroud in his last couple of sub appearances for Chelsea.Haven't seen a more disinterested player in a while.(OK except our own French midfield general)

People actually think he'd have made a difference too. We'd have played exactly the same way, with no pace or mobility or players getting within 40 yards of him to make his hold up play count for something. We might have scored a couple more from corners.

Koeman and Walsh between them built a disgusting team unfit for Premier League football. Imagine what we could have done with a £200m budget entrusted to someone that had a clue.

He wanted a "left sided centre back that could cover at left back". Maybe he should've thought of that during the 6 weeks he was chasing a player we didn't need in Sigurdsson.

Appalling manager.
I don't think he was personally involved in the pursuit of Siggurdson, that task fell under the aegis of Walsh. However who was actually involved is debatable given that the people at Swansea stated that they did not who they were dealing with since they changed on a day to day basis. This contributed to the time the transfer took and further illustrated the amateurish way this club continues to be run.
As for Siggurdson, I think he has been an important player for us this season , he has contributed to and scored important goals for us and has been our main source of creativity who we are currently missing. I don't see who else could replaced him and they certainly haven't appeared so far.
As for Koeman , ultimately he was a failure as all our managers have been since Joe Royle.

I don't think he was personally involved in the pursuit of Siggurdson, that task fell under the aegis of Walsh. However who was actually involved is debatable given that the people at Swansea stated that they did not who they were dealing with since they changed on a day to day basis. This contributed to the time the transfer took and further illustrated the amateurish way this club continues to be run.
As for Siggurdson, I think he has been an important player for us this season , he has contributed to and scored important goals for us and has been our main source of creativity who we are currently missing. I don't see who else could replaced him and they certainly haven't appeared so far.
As for Koeman , ultimately he was a failure as all our managers have been since Joe Royle.
This isn't the Siggurdson thread but, respectfully, way off. Dead ball merchant who barely influences our open play.

Koeman was infatuated with Sigurdsson from the moment he got here, we were being heavily linked with him in his first window. He loved his assist stats but had absolutely no clue how he was going to use him or what his attributes even were. The fact we chased him for 6 weeks while ignoring far more important areas of the squad, before spunking close to FIFTY MILLION POUNDS on him was up there with the worst pieces of business we've ever done.

Sigurdsson - an average player who has been alright over the course of the season. Compared to some of the other absolute garbage in our team he looks like he's been better but our former manager spent £45m on him, an eye-watering amount that should in all honesty, get you a top player and game changer.

I think lumping Koeman in with some of the other managers we've had in that time period is a bit unfair. He was much more destructive than any of them.

And in a season where he didn't have to take teams to Stamford Bridge, the Etihad, or OT. And only played all the big boys, bar Liverpool just the once.

Friendly reminder that his win % remains significantly lower than both Martinez' and Koeman's.

BFS: 38.1%
RK: 41.38
RM: 42.7%

Bin. Immediately.

Just something to ponder

RM - Aug 2013 to May 2016 - 2y 9 m
RK June 2016 to Oct 2017 - 1y 4 m

Sam - 30 Nov 2017 - April 2018
5 months to retrieve something positive out of unprecedented turmoil with a demotivated dysfunctional squad from RK who spent 245 million !

I have only been on GOT since Nov 2017 , I therefore can only imagine the expletives and fume that must have been against RK ?

Koeman was infatuated with Sigurdsson from the moment he got here, we were being heavily linked with him in his first window. He loved his assist stats but had absolutely no clue how he was going to use him or what his attributes even were. The fact we chased him for 6 weeks while ignoring far more important areas of the squad, before spunking close to FIFTY MILLION POUNDS on him was up there with the worst pieces of business we've ever done.

Sigurdsson - an average player who has been alright over the course of the season. Compared to some of the other absolute garbage in our team he looks like he's been better but our former manager spent £45m on him, an eye-watering amount that should in all honesty, get you a top player and game changer.

I think lumping Koeman in with some of the other managers we've had in that time period is a bit unfair. He was much more destructive than any of them.
It's all opinions and I respectfully disagree with yours.
As for managers , if they win nothing they're failures for me. As far as I'm concerned the objective of competitive football is to actually put something in the trophy cabinet.

This isn't the Siggurdson thread but, respectfully, way off. Dead ball merchant who barely influences our open play.
He has influenced our play more than any other player I've witnessed this season, small praise I know but praise nonetheless. It's all subjective anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back