Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mosh looking for a green light on his top managerial target before releasing fat head would be my hopeful guess. Remember the mess we had when Koeman went maybe he wants to avoid that this time? Nail down a successor then sack the incumbent. If he was happy for Fat head to carry on he would have told him. That's my hope anyway. Either that or they haven't a scooby what's they are doing as usual.
This is it.

Unfortunately pulling the trigger on this mess would see Allardyce airing the dirty laundry to all his mates immediately on the way out because that's just how Sam does.

Probably best to have it all neatly tied up with a bow around it before we look silly again for sacking him and not having a replacement lined up once again. We also need somebody to sort the preseason schedule out at the very least.

I just pray that transfers weren't discussed.

Hey, Ronald what did you say in a similar situation post-Moshiri meeting?

"We spoke about football," said Koeman.

"There was not really a message but the feeling is they are behind the team, they are behind the manager.

"Everybody knows in football that's a nice thing but in football always, finally, it's all about results. Until now it's full, total support from the board, yes."
You should write something on that C.

Give some hope to the hopeless.

Ha! That's likely to be both true and unfortunate.
He's really not arsed mate, why would he be? He's been begged to take over, and on his terms. He's done what he said he'd do so now he thinks he's the dogs plums.
I certainly don't think he'll be arsed if he's released either. Walks off in to the sunset with a massive wedge...to add to his already massive wedge...and retire again.
Just like his contract negotiations, he's got us over a barrel again.

I can’t remember since I stated going mid 80’s, any manager to be unpopular without even managing a full season. I certainly can’t remember a manager getting us top 10 and still be so unpopular. I can’t see how he can be here next season.
The difference is, he was massively unpopular long before we were lumbered with him. To think, we used to laugh or even pity other teams that had him in charge.

The silence from the club is deafening

I think it will remain so. They will keep their heads down and pray for a new start next season. Strictly speaking there is nothing for them to address publicly. Not that stupid unpublished survey, nor social media like this which only talks to itself, and does not matter to them at all, assuming they are even aware of it, nor the dark hints in the Red Echo and a largely disinterested national press. Say nowt will be their policy.

Mosh looking for a green light on his top managerial target before releasing fat head would be my hopeful guess. Remember the mess we had when Koeman went maybe he wants to avoid that this time? Nail down a successor then sack the incumbent. If he was happy for Fat head to carry on he would have told him. That's my hope anyway. Either that or they haven't a scooby what's they are doing as usual.

Agree. Sacking Sam and struggling to get someone decent in before scrambling around again would be even more embarassing. Think if Silva was Moshiri's top target Sam would be gone as he's a free agent. Think Moshiri may be holding out until the seasons are finished to see who is available. Fonseca is out of contract but the fact that Emery will be available may see him switching targets.

The fact that there is no official confirmation of Allardyce staying suggests that we are just waiting for his replacement to agree, then he's gone.

I think it will remain so. They will keep their heads down and pray for a new start next season. Strictly speaking there is nothing for them to address publicly. Not that stupid unpublished survey, nor social media like this which only talks to itself, and does not matter to them at all, assuming they are even aware of it, nor the dark hints in the Red Echo and a largely disinterested national press. Say nowt will be their policy.

They will eventually have to back or sack Sam. I just don't think they are sure what to do. Indecision is nothing new at this club.

And there are people at the club read social media. Now it's obviously not their number one priority, but they do care.

So because they don’t go, they don’t get to have a say in what happens? Just because you go to the game, doesn’t make you more important than someone who doesn’t.

That is right. Their opinions on everything that matters surrounding the club are of equal value to everyone else. However when it comes to suggesting demos or booing or pitch invasions or creating banners, then their views on those actions would only count if they could be bothered perhaps to set an example and take part. The term armchair warrior has been mentioned earlier on this or another thread. Get it?

My neighbour has a house full of RS fans, red and white colours everywhere, they host 4 cars in the driveway for all their TV games. Yet they never darken the doors of Analfield. Should their club ever fall into the mess we are in, I would say their views on what the Kop fans should do to some crap RS manager would count for exactly nil value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back