Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So people aren’t allowed to make suggestions unless they go to the match? Despite the fact there is apparently a waiting list of nearly 10000 for season tickets, which shows that there’s a hell of a lot of fans who can’t go to the match due to lack of capacity, not for lack of wanting to. Or people who don’t have the sort of money needed to attend the match due to lack of earnings or travel costs being extortionate. It’s not about being bothered or not. So they should just sit quietly and remember their place. Right, ok, I get you.
That’s not what he’s saying, he’s saying that those demanding protests and marches or whatever should have no real right to do so, if they’re not going to be part of that themselves. They can have a view on it, but if they’re the ones pushing for it, and yet have no intention of taking part, then it’s just cheap words on the internet

They will eventually have to back or sack Sam. I just don't think they are sure what to do. Indecision is nothing new at this club.

And there are people at the club read social media. Now it's obviously not their number one priority, but they do care.

Or alternatively they can be indecisive till seasons end - by which point there's a break, no protest no spotlight on the club and they can pretend everything is fine etc.

Summer shows where the club is at medium to long term imo, stick with allardyce then dont expect any change throughout the club until/when/if a new stadium is built - as soon as a spade is in the ground we will have the nice convenient excuse of why we can't make drastic changes inside the club - consistency needed to ensure we stay in the league etc to pay for the ground, then after iut's built the same line can be trotted out as to why staying in the league is the priority - paying for the ground etc.

really can't be understated - but the 'short window' to catch the clubs above - IF Moshiri stays with the situation manager/dof wise - then it's a tacit admission that in his opinion the short window has gone and now the new priority is trying to stay ahead of the teams below rather than any ambition to catch those above, similar thing happened at Villa when they stopped the push to break into top 4 - and ultimately it kills the club going forward sooner or later.

That’s not what he’s saying, he’s saying that those demanding protests and marches or whatever should have no real right to do so, if they’re not going to be part of that themselves. They can have a view on it, but if they’re the ones pushing for it, and yet have no intention of taking part, then it’s just cheap words on the internet

Anything written on here is just cheap words on the internet though, regardless of who says it. People who don’t go the match are still unhappy and it’s disappointing seeing on tv/ watching it online, that there’s no animosity or feelings towards Big Sam being shown. (I used to have a season ticket but due to my circumstances, haven’t been able to this season or last). I want there to be some form of demonstration (whether vocally or with banners or walkout or whatever) to get the message across, and if I was there I’d join in. It’s not about intention, it’s all come across that unless you go to the match you don’t get a say and aren’t as important as OP said that people can’t be bothered. I can be bothered, but circumstances mean I can’t. And I don’t think people who can’t go to the match for whatever reason should have others having a pop at them because they want something to happen.

Or alternatively they can be indecisive till seasons end - by which point there's a break, no protest no spotlight on the club and they can pretend everything is fine etc.

Summer shows where the club is at medium to long term imo, stick with allardyce then dont expect any change throughout the club until/when/if a new stadium is built - as soon as a spade is in the ground we will have the nice convenient excuse of why we can't make drastic changes inside the club - consistency needed to ensure we stay in the league etc to pay for the ground, then after iut's built the same line can be trotted out as to why staying in the league is the priority - paying for the ground etc.

really can't be understated - but the 'short window' to catch the clubs above - IF Moshiri stays with the situation manager/dof wise - then it's a tacit admission that in his opinion the short window has gone and now the new priority is trying to stay ahead of the teams below rather than any ambition to catch those above, similar thing happened at Villa when they stopped the push to break into top 4 - and ultimately it kills the club going forward sooner or later.
Exactly this.. For those who still have doubts and don't want him here, you have 3 options IMO.
1.You make it loud and clear against Southampton (forget the football match that's going on its completely irrelevant at this moment in time)
2.Or you can simply not go the game (I guarantee you wont miss much)
3.Go and give your full support for the first 45 mins and have a mass walkout for the second half.

It has to be something the board cant ignore.

There's one home game left to send the message..................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back