Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My head keeps spinning about whether he's a gonner or not. He seems awfully smug, but we know he enjoys trolling us. On the other hand the sensible thing for the club to have done is just announce that he is going at the end of the season and thank him for his contribution (whatever that is).

Leaving all the balls in the air like this is worryingly reminiscent of when Arsenal gave Wenger a new contract last summer. They knew full well that an overwhelming majority of supporters wanted him gone, but they always knew they were going to keep him. How to avoid such a conundrum? Keep everyone guessing until the last ball has been kicked, and so with it the fans chance to protest, and give him a 2 year deal. If the club announce in the off season that Allardyce is staying next season there's not a damn thing any of us can do about it.

Sam Allardyce on if he wishes Farhad Moshiri would make a statement about his future: “By the fact we’ve had the meeting, he doesn’t feel he needs to do that. He may well feel that if he did, you would just say: ‘oh, he’s had the dreaded vote of confidence’.” (Source: Guardian)

Strange thing to say to say if your staying

That is right. Their opinions on everything that matters surrounding the club are of equal value to everyone else. However when it comes to suggesting demos or booing or pitch invasions or creating banners, then their views on those actions would only count if they could be bothered perhaps to set an example and take part. The term armchair warrior has been mentioned earlier on this or another thread. Get it?

My neighbour has a house full of RS fans, red and white colours everywhere, they host 4 cars in the driveway for all their TV games. Yet they never darken the doors of Analfield. Should their club ever fall into the mess we are in, I would say their views on what the Kop fans should do to some crap RS manager would count for exactly nil value.

So people aren’t allowed to make suggestions unless they go to the match? Despite the fact there is apparently a waiting list of nearly 10000 for season tickets, which shows that there’s a hell of a lot of fans who can’t go to the match due to lack of capacity, not for lack of wanting to. Or people who don’t have the sort of money needed to attend the match due to lack of earnings or travel costs being extortionate. It’s not about being bothered or not. So they should just sit quietly and remember their place. Right, ok, I get you.

So people aren’t allowed to make suggestions unless they go to the match? Despite the fact there is apparently a waiting list of nearly 10000 for season tickets, which shows that there’s a hell of a lot of fans who can’t go to the match due to lack of capacity, not for lack of wanting to. Or people who don’t have the sort of money needed to attend the match due to lack of earnings or travel costs being extortionate. So they should just sit quietly and remember their place. Right, ok, I get you.

Humble pie would be on the menu if I believed that all or even most of the callers for action at the matches were in the categories you listed.

They will eventually have to back or sack Sam. I just don't think they are sure what to do. Indecision is nothing new at this club.

And there are people at the club read social media. Now it's obviously not their number one priority, but they do care.
Exactly...
if a journalist is going to ask a Q...why didnt he sat ' Are you going to be the manager of EFC next season'?
And why didnt he sat 'Im the manager next season'!
sort it out EFC & Moshiri

I suspect you're right mate.

What do you think will happen when the manager & players do the customary lap of appreciation.?

The stadium has to be empty, in fact im going to use ever social media channel i can to recommend everyone be gone, its also on the TV, let the world know we not impressed with them

I think that is about right.
In my opinion Sam will be left in charge unless a high profile appointment like Emery is made.
I think Sam may be aware of this.
This is how I'm thinking. If a major target we want is on board, then Sam leaves. Til then be stays.

I think he'll be gone like

I don’t know anything but I think tomorrow will say quite a bit. If kids are in the lineup he is safe and staying. If he is not or not really been told anything we will see a gutless lineup searching for a point.

I could be 100% wrong but just my thought on this nonsense.

What I find weird is that there is a blatant attempt to get Brands in. Which means Walsh's tenure s under fire. And, yet, there is NOTHING saying, one way or another, that Brands is coming in or Walsh is staying from the club.

Which, obviously, leads to more questions.

Just like with our manager.

He's done a reasonable job with a desperately poor squad.

I must admit that I didn't think we'd finish top 10 when Big Sam took over. Now it looks likely that we'll do just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back