Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Southampton game will be different, a lot of fans probably thought he was gone no matter what. Now after his presser yesterday it’s put a few doubts out there. And I think there will be a build up over the next 8 days.

I’m excepting a different atmosphere.

For me what would be a massive statement at the Southampton game would be before the players do their walk around, all the fans just walked out at the final whistle.

The thing is though mate, it won’t happen, nothing will happen, Goodison will have a carnival atmosphere against Southampton, especially if we win.

Last edited:
Calling fellow Blues obese knobs is offensive, what context did I miss exactly?

I’ll leave it to the mods to pipe you down then. Super Blue

You need to get a hold of yourself fella. The context is, ironically, that he had put some blues above others, ergo kin irony. And before you get high and mighty, I find that offensive.
Then for you to use 'super blue', who in the hell are you to try and denigrate someone else?
Leave it to the mods indeed.

Exactly this.. For those who still have doubts and don't want him here, you have 3 options IMO.
1.You make it loud and clear against Southampton (forget the football match that's going on its completely irrelevant at this moment in time)
2.Or you can simply not go the game (I guarantee you wont miss much)
3.Go and give your full support for the first 45 mins and have a mass walkout for the second half.

It has to be something the board cant ignore.

There's one home game left to send the message..................

My own personal thoughts on it mate, bear in mind atm I'm a keyboard warrior in essence as don't go the game and haven't for a fair old bit of time now for obvious reasons - so it's 'easy' for me to preach about what people should or shouldn't be doing for example...

I don't think anything major will happen at the Saints game - purely because the average bloke going the game either is simply not that arsed anymore about the club and is going out of routine - reason to get off the leash and on the lash away from the missus and kids one day a week etc, or has simply had the fight knocked out of them and let apathy set in, the only place it's still alive and kicking is with the away lads - probably because they are tanked up, and generally younger - and more 'committed' as it where.

So i expect if we are to make our voices heard - it will be from those lads rather than the home games remaining.

In theory though what you said is spot on, a 40k crowd giving him pelters for the entire 90 minutes - he'd be gone within a couple of days - so IF he is still here next season, anyone going the match who moans about it - and yet sat there watching for 90 - clapping the players off or just leaving at the last whistle - only have themselves to blame for it - maybe the inner 'cryarse' from a lot wants him here - purely to give them a focus for the moaning which we as blues do love to do in spades.

As for the board - dunno just how arsed they will be, Ryanstsyev (sp) - i think is just moshiris eyes and ears on there, woods isn't arsed in the slightest and is just waiting for his payoff, Kenwright - same bloke who sapped the club of any ambition by his actions over the past 25 years -0 on board and as chairman, Baxendale - who is pretty much EiTC and hasn't a clue about anything besides that at a guess. and Elstone - who is not only inept - but also has tried to manage any expectation or ambition down at every single opportunity - and is probably on his way out sooner or later anyway - so really will he be that arsed if fans aren't happy - he still gets paid - his rep somehow is still high enough to get him another good job etc.

We are seriously left with the only person who could have the ambition to drive change through is Moshiri - IMO anyway the n next few weeks will show us if we have the owner we all hoped for, or if he's just another custodian of the 20 years of managing expectation down and stagnation as a corporate policy

That is right. Their opinions on everything that matters surrounding the club are of equal value to everyone else. However when it comes to suggesting demos or booing or pitch invasions or creating banners, then their views on those actions would only count if they could be bothered perhaps to set an example and take part. The term armchair warrior has been mentioned earlier on this or another thread. Get it?

My neighbour has a house full of RS fans, red and white colours everywhere, they host 4 cars in the driveway for all their TV games. Yet they never darken the doors of Analfield. Should their club ever fall into the mess we are in, I would say their views on what the Kop fans should do to some crap RS manager would count for exactly nil value.
Can't believe there are actually people liking this crap.

Can't believe there are actually people liking this crap.

It’s mad. There’s only 36000 fans who deserve a say because that’s the amount the stadium holds. No one else matters because they aren’t bothered enough to go to sold out fixtures or cant afford the £6/700 season ticket fees with travel costs on top...

His body language did not read right - ok let's take your senario he been told he is definitely staying on yesterday he would have bounded in smiling joking revealing far more information- he looked dour - unsure - he's going!
To me he just looked relaxed and comfortable,don't forget it's only really the fans and media who are whipping up the stories about his impending departure,Moshiri may have told him when we hit 38 points "job done carry on".Only time will tell.As it stands he's handy for Moshiri in that he polarises the fans discontent while the owner and board by and large get a free ride.Three defeats in the last three games could of course change everything.

All it needs is one section to start with F off allardyce and I think a lot of the ground would join in.
But the biggest thing will be walking out at full time.

This happened in the Gwladys street when we got a point against a second string RS mate, the “F off Allardyce” was literally drowned out within seconds with shouts of “Everton, Everton, Everton.......” as a few of the players walked towards the Gwladys street, and as I say, that was after a meek performance against a second string RS.

even if we won our final games 10-0 I cant see him staying...

Moshiri is someone who wants a manager in to build a side and that's not allardyce.
Hope your right,but I'm cynical enough to think Moshiri wants a new stadium and 7th place and the revenue of a run in the EL would be a handy bonus.Something however painful it might be to watch Allardyce could well be capable of.

The smart money is suggesting that it's a stand off, Grande Sam has been offered a deal to go but is holding out for the full wedge which is why he's talking loudly about next season, he knows what he's doing but he'll be gone before the end of May.

My take is that the feeling is mutual, he's no affection for us whatsoever so why would he make life easy for our glorious owners?

Think this is spot on.

Reactions: Tak
Anything written on here is just cheap words on the internet though, regardless of who says it. People who don’t go the match are still unhappy and it’s disappointing seeing on tv/ watching it online, that there’s no animosity or feelings towards Big Sam being shown. (I used to have a season ticket but due to my circumstances, haven’t been able to this season or last). I want there to be some form of demonstration (whether vocally or with banners or walkout or whatever) to get the message across, and if I was there I’d join in. It’s not about intention, it’s all come across that unless you go to the match you don’t get a say and aren’t as important as OP said that people can’t be bothered. I can be bothered, but circumstances mean I can’t. And I don’t think people who can’t go to the match for whatever reason should have others having a pop at them because they want something to happen.
Spot on mate.

It’s mad. There’s only 36000 fans who deserve a say because that’s the amount the stadium holds. No one else matters because they aren’t bothered enough to go to sold out fixtures or cant afford the £6/700 season ticket fees with travel costs on top...

So if you don't deserve a say if you don't go to the game because we're too lazy to travel/purchase tickets? What about our overseas fans? Weekend working fans? Disabled fans?

What a cretinous statement that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back