Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think he'll be sacked, the only proviso otherwise being if they can't get any of their targets in.

It's an easy win for Moshiri to sack him, in a season where everything has gone wrong.

Can't argue though that we are even less of an attractive proposition than six months ago, and the interest in Silva, if he is the default option, may have cooled.

Allardyce is actually correct in one thing - that we need clarity.

There will be a dreadful sense of drift and despair which will just escalate day-by-day after the season ends if the club don't communicate.

I don’t know mate, we finish 7/8th, then I imagine in Moshiri’s eyes it won’t be an easy decision, even though to us it should be a no brainier, Allardyce out.

Alllardyce plays for himself. As far as Everton is concerned, it's just another club on his resume. Entertainment, points on the table, miracle escapes. Substitute any club. Sams been there. He's a feckin' mercenary. It's all about him. The man is a legend in his own mind and his crony media lackeys cheer leading him on. A complete and utter failure, when it comes to things that matter, winnings things. Never won, F.A.

If this club as any ambition, integrity and will to compete, they would hire someone who matches the billing. We are going to find out very shortly were we stand. And a lot about our majority shareholder too.
To be fair using the word mercenary describes most managers and players in the game today.You and I might have a rotten week after a loss.But Saturday night picking the best restaurant or club is foremost on their minds or maybe which high end car they'll buy next.It's why most have a relegation clause in their contracts,so they can bale asap.

It’s mad. There’s only 36000 fans who deserve a say because that’s the amount the stadium holds. No one else matters because they aren’t bothered enough to go to sold out fixtures or cant afford the £6/700 season ticket fees with travel costs on top...

What a totally naive thing to say.....

I have been going to Goodison since my Dad took me to my first game in 1969 and have probably seen more matches home and away than you ever will.

However 3 years ago I had to retire from work due to ill health, a condition that causes me to lose balance and has made me almost housebound.

I love this club as much as any other true fan and just because I am now unable to physically attend the matches, it doesn't diminish my devotion and my right to an opinion.

So I kindly suggest you do the posting equivalent of washing your mouth out with soap.

I have been going to Goodison since my Dad took me to my first game in 1969 and have probably seen more matches home and away than you ever will.

However 3 years ago I had to retire from work due to ill health, a condition that causes me to lose balance and has made me almost housebound.

I love this club as much as any other true fan and just because I am now unable to physically attend the matches, it doesn't diminish my devotion and my right to an opinion.

So I kindly suggest you do the posting equivalent of washing your mouth out with soap.
I'm pretty certain he's being ironic mate.

Read the rest of the comments related to that thread of posts and you will see that post was ironic due to what the original poster said and my arguments against him.

The stadium has to be empty, in fact im going to use ever social media channel i can to recommend everyone be gone, its also on the TV, let the world know we not impressed with them
There's a thread on here about it mate. I asked only match goers to participate as I wanted it to reflect what will happen on the day as closely as possible.

If the view on here so far is anything to go by (and I know it's a massive "if" as there have been less than 150 votes so far), the stadium will be only 3/4 full for the lap of appreciation, and 2/3 of those intend to boo somebody or other.

If that actually happens, I think it will send a big message to Moshiri.

Of course Allardyce will no doubt dismiss it as the noisy minority :)

I still think he'll be sacked, the only proviso otherwise being if they can't get any of their targets in.

It's an easy win for Moshiri to sack him, in a season where everything has gone wrong.

Can't argue though that we are even less of an attractive proposition than six months ago, and the interest in Silva, if he is the default option, may have cooled.

Allardyce is actually correct in one thing - that we need clarity.

There will be a dreadful sense of drift and despair which will just escalate day-by-day after the season ends if the club don't communicate.
We have one thing in our favour and that is the the fact that Allardyce wouldn't say 'one way or the other' whether Moshiri had confirmed him as manager for next season. I think we can be absolutely certain that he didn't because if he had Allardyce would have trumpeted it from the rooftops.
However my impression is the meeting sounded more like an internal review to ascertain the incumbents plans going forwards which implies no decision has been made. Which in turn casts doubt on our hopes that successor has already been approached and is waiting in the wings . Worryingly we might end up with Allardyce by default.
Yesterday's events have left me both hopeful and worried by turn.

I have no doubt he will be here next season, there’s absolutely no indication he’ll be sacked. In Moshiri’s eyes he has done well and stabilised us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back