Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one thing in our favour and that is the the fact that Allardyce wouldn't say 'one way or the other' whether Moshiri had confirmed him as manager for next season. I think we can be absolutely certain that he didn't because if he had Allardyce would have trumpeted it from the rooftops.
However my impression is the meeting sounded more like an internal review to ascertain the incumbents plans going forwards which implies no decision has been made. Which in turn casts doubt on our hopes that successor has already been approached and is waiting in the wings . Worryingly we might end up with Allardyce by default.
Yesterday's events have left me both hopeful and worried by turn.
Presser as usual was a pretty tepid affair nobody every really asks any pointed questions of pushes hard for answers,so expecting to glean anything from them is wishful thinking.Have a feeling any real news won't come until end of May (either way)

Our away support is and always has been top notch.

Our home support has been a disgrace in recent seasons - booing our own players, barely making a peep unless we score etc.

The fact we have done nothing to persuade the board to peddle Alladyce is unbelievable.
I fully concur with this statement. An that's from somebody who hasn't been to any away game apart form the odd derby in over 25 years.

Alllardyce plays for himself. As far as Everton is concerned, it's just another club on his resume. Entertainment, points on the table, miracle escapes. Substitute any club. Sams been there. He's a feckin' mercenary. It's all about him. The man is a legend in his own mind and his crony media lackeys cheer leading him on. A complete and utter failure, when it comes to things that matter, winnings things. Never won, F.A.

If this club as any ambition, integrity and will to compete, they would hire someone who matches the billing. We are going to find out very shortly were we stand. And a lot about our majority shareholder too.

Thats the fear for me in that if we dont sack him it'll basically prove Moshiri has no ambition.

For the record im currently 60/40 in the belief that he will be gone in the summer however with the size of this club and the potential especially with BMD abd Liverpool waters is that this should be a certainty with the owner offering a kings ransom in wages ti attract someone like Emery to come in.

To be fair using the word mercenary describes most managers and players in the game today.

He is by definition a mercenary, he cares not for the club but his paycheck and his reputation. His record as a manager speaks volumes. Which is fair enough if you're are looking to garner the best salary from a potential employer.

I don't know whether you'd hire him mate, but if you looked at his resume, would you employ him? Nah, you know he's gonna jump ship. Thinks he's bigger than in this case the club or job. You'd pass cause he's downright sketchy.

There needs to be something from us at Goodison against Southampton. I get the impression there was nothing against Newcastle because everyone had the impression he’d be off at the end of the season. As that now looks increasingly unlikely, I hope there is a change in atmosphere on the 5th. Anti Allardyce banners, songs the lot.

Thats the fear for me in that if we dont sack him it'll basically prove Moshiri has no ambition.

For the record im currently 60/40 in the belief that he will be gone in the summer however with the size of this club and the potential especially with BMD abd Liverpool waters is that this should be a certainty with the owner offering a kings ransom in wages ti attract someone like Emery come in.

I've got to say I'm 50/50 mate. I really don't have a clue what's going on whatsoever. The club's not really made any official announcements one way or the other. We know from experience with West Ham that Allardyce is prone to winding up the fans in such matters. The press haven't got a 'kin clue what's happening. I'm not convinced the club do either because I'm of the opinion there are conflicting views within the board. People trying to read body language are just clutching at straws to support their POV, whichever side they're on.

I think we'll start seeing more happen once this Brands guy decides whether he's coming or not. But for the moment it's all up in the air. Which is exactly why us fans need to make ourselves heard over the final 3 games if we really want Allardyce out.

What a totally naive thing to say.....

I have been going to Goodison since my Dad took me to my first game in 1969 and have probably seen more matches home and away than you ever will.

However 3 years ago I had to retire from work due to ill health, a condition that causes me to lose balance and has made me almost housebound.

I love this club as much as any other true fan and just because I am now unable to physically attend the matches, it doesn't diminish my devotion and my right to an opinion.

So I kindly suggest you do the posting equivalent of washing your mouth out with soap.
Read the conversation history mate then apologise to our good friend here.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back