Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if you don't deserve a say if you don't go to the game because we're too lazy to travel/purchase tickets? What about our overseas fans? Weekend working fans? Disabled fans?

What a cretinous statement that was.

Haha. That’s not my views, that’s me summing up what it seems like someone else has been saying that I don’t agree with. Read the last few pages and you will see my arguments against the OP. I was trying to be a bit sarcastic. Out of context with the rest of the comments, it doesn’t fit.

The problem with the Home supporters isn’t there not arsed it’s the fact they haven’t seen a bad performance at home, we won all the normal games and had expected loses to Utd and City, had Newcastle scored the other day different story but to boo a winning team seems wrong.

Full expect the away support to give it to Sam today

In times of adversity , humour is an important way to relieve the mood and I have always found Allardyce a slightly risible figure when he has been managing other unfortunate clubs. This week he has been like our own in house comedian.
Following a dire game against the barcodes in which our goal was also our one shot on target , he claimed there was nothing wrong with his style.
In a season in which we have set records for the lowest amount of possession , gone on a run of games in which we had no shots on target, and games where we failed to even record a shot of any sort on or off target he stated his team have been entertaining. ( I must have blinked or gone the bog when this momentous event occurred)
But for me the highlight is comparing himself favourably alongside Diego Simeone ! Imagine, Allardyce thinks he is in the same group of managers as Simeone when most professional commentators I have read over the years more readily bracket him amongst the Pulis's and Pardew's.
Let's be honest he might not be the most entertaining football manager but as a comedian he's not bad.
I just think I'd appreciate him better at a different venue.

The problem with the Home supporters isn’t there not arsed it’s the fact they haven’t seen a bad performance at home, we won all the normal games and had expected loses to Utd and City, had Newcastle scored the other day different story but to boo a winning team seems wrong.

Drowned out by Huddersfield fans celebrating staying up in all likelihood.

Our away support is far more vocal and militant in their dislike of Allardyce.
The last away I was able to get to was Burnley and they gave it to him with both barrels. Not only that they made up a constant stream of quality anti Allardyce songs on the return journey.
It's not surprising that they are more willing to vocalise their dislike as they expend far more money and time to support their club and have been rewarded with the worst performances, even our two victories were unimpressive and the result of good fortune.
I think at home ,judging by the lads I go the match with and others I speak to through week, there has been an assumption that will he depart at the end of the season anyway. Perhaps the events of this week will disavow them of this hope and result in a more hostile crowd vSoton, we shall see.
My son is going today so if we start giving Allardyce stick I may ask him to put me on speaker phone so I can join in.:)

Alllardyce plays for himself. As far as Everton is concerned, it's just another club on his resume. Entertainment, points on the table, miracle escapes. Substitute any club. Sams been there. He's a feckin' mercenary. It's all about him. The man is a legend in his own mind and his crony media lackeys cheer leading him on. A complete and utter failure, when it comes to things that matter, winnings things. Never won, F.A.

If this club as any ambition, integrity and will to compete, they would hire someone who matches the billing. We are going to find out very shortly were we stand. And a lot about our majority shareholder too.

I still think he'll be sacked, the only proviso otherwise being if they can't get any of their targets in.

It's an easy win for Moshiri to sack him, in a season where everything has gone wrong.

Can't argue though that we are even less of an attractive proposition than six months ago, and the interest in Silva, if he is the default option, may have cooled.

Allardyce is actually correct in one thing - that we need clarity.

There will be a dreadful sense of drift and despair which will just escalate day-by-day after the season ends if the club don't communicate.

Skybet And sky sports run stories and markets to make money.

How many times does someone go odds n and a day later drift like a barge.

Exactly, sky are the worst for it. They release stories with no substance to back it up in order to manipulate the bets being put on.

You’re not being serious there are you mate?

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back