Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunderland a couple of seasons ago stands out and I'm sure if I dig around the old fixture list there are more.And if a team is going to receive the trophy we never try to spoil the party.
Yeah, I was badly trying to point out that I don't expect us to win any game these days. And if we do, I've already slipped in to a deep deep sleep.

He's done a reasonable job with a desperately poor squad.

I must admit that I didn't think we'd finish top 10 when Big Sam took over. Now it looks likely that we'll do just that.

hmmm.....

But did you think we would finish top ten when we were sat in 9th place as you tucked into your Christmas dinner?

Because I certainly did ;)

The lack of progress since Christmas is what is colouring opinion on Sam around these parts.

It appears to me that absolutely no attempt was made to challenge for that final European spot from the moment the team lined out at Baggies on Boxing Day.

I’m a match-going fan and I take issue with match-going fans. We’re an absolute joke of a club. Expectations is on the floor with us. Clap, clap, clap, just because Rooney has managed to finally pass the ball to another blue shirt.

If there isn’t mass revolt at Goodison against Southampton for change, then I give up with this whole club.

Where do you sit mate? Rooney gets slated in UB.

Only the top 5 teams have gained more points than us since Allardyce took over according to BBC just now.

It's a positive fact that will be overlooked by all the Allardyce haters...

The fact is Allardyce has done what he was asked to do...

Whether he can take us on from that next season will be interesting if he is given the chance...

Would describe the majority of managers and players.When your already a multi-millionaire there isn't a lot to give you sleepless nights.

Spot on. Probably why we care and they don't. Still it's our job as supporters of this mighty fine institution to remind them exactly where they are and who the feck they represent.

They are transitory our families pass this on long after we have past.

Only the top 5 teams have gained more points than us since Allardyce took over according to BBC just now.

And that is pretty much reflected in the league placings.

Burnley went three months, I think, without a win and we were breathing down their necks....until they played us and that run was rectified ;)

They have pulled comfortably away from us again.

Arsenal have all but collapsed since the new year.

So basically we are no better than we ought to be....and no better than we could have been given what happened to Burnley and Arsenal.

A bit more adventure in two games against Baggies for example could have made the fact we have picked up more points than those two teams actually mean sommat.

It seems the media are intent on keeping Sam here and are spinning every irrelevant stat they can dig up to make it look like his time here has been a time of Everton renaissance :blush:

I seen the whole table,cant even remember were a few days ago, but swansea about 10 places lower had 24 points while so many had around in same area,had around the same amount in same period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back