Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is pretty much reflected in the league placings.

Burnley went three months, I think, without a win and we were breathing down their necks....until they played us and that run was rectified ;)

They have pulled comfortably away from us again.

Arsenal have all but collapsed since the new year.

So basically we are no better than we ought to be....and no better than we could have been given what happened to Burnley and Arsenal.

A bit more adventure in two games against Baggies for example could have made the fact we have picked up more points than those two teams actually mean sommat.

It seems the media are intent on keeping Sam here and are spinning every irrelevant stat they can dig up to make it look like his time here has been a time of Everton renaissance :blush:
That's hardly an irrelevant stat, it's a fact about points gained since the fella took over and there are only 5 teams that have taken more. I'm not posting it to convince anyone we should keep hold of him I just thought it was interesting because of all the flack he's been getting recently from the fans.

He had chances to get us in 7th and he surrendered. Do you think Burnley have a better team/squad than us? He’s an absolute joke of a manager.

Burnley have had stability all year & have grounded out results...
Everton had a terrible start were fighting relegation & sacked their manager...
Big Sam has given Everton Stability & a possible 8th position finish...

That's hardly an irrelevant stat, it's a fact about points gained since the fella took over and there are only 5 teams that have taken more. I'm not posting it to convince anyone we should keep hold of him I just thought it was interesting because of all the flack he's been getting recently from the fans.

I think that fact needs a bit more context though. He will have been in charge for about 2/3 of the season so it's not impossible that he's benefited from the coincidence of easier fixtures than other teams. If he came 6th after a season, ok, but he hasn't done that.

No, it is totally irrelevant in that context, Nev.

Don’t forget, we went four or five games with a total of one shot on target.

If he had tried....or was capable....of playing more attacking football against a procession of teams including Baggies (twice), Swansea or Watford we could have been challenging Arsenal for the final European place, given how bad they have been.

Burnley and Arsenal both had long fallow periods since Sam joined us.

And still we lag way behind them.

It is not that we had a great run or owt....it is that they had minor implodions.

But the top five teams who did not have a long winless run....that stat show we have made no progress on closing that gap.

People can talk all they like about his record but we've had easier games though, he's lost or drawn every big game and doesn't turn draws into wins. Summs up his negative mindset it's absolute mediocrity if he stays, at least if he goes we have the hope we may build towards more. Plus we might see better footy too.

Last edited:

Let me get this straight. We spent over 250 million and getting 8th, which by the way is yet to be determined. You consider that a success?

Reality check here. Sam's MO was to avoid relegation. Is that what you believe? Here's an alternative for you. Any manager taking over the present squad, minimum should have reached 7th. Basically because every team outside of the top 6 are [Poor language removed].

If that wasn't the goal, well it should have damn been. To applaud his mediocrity buys into a falsehood. He had the easiest job in football and we are supposed to laud this achievement. Gimme a break.

He's missed his mark. Cause essentially he had every opportunity to show his character and what we have instead is, a relic who's gameplan comes down to keep it tight and score on a break. F##k are we Stoke now?

I used to sit with my Dad sometimes in the mainstand. Mostly though I was with my mates in the Enclosure. That night when the cushions rained down, I was with my Da. Wasn't my proudest moment I must admit but it wasn't out of apathy, it was down to sheer frustration.

Fair enough wasn't the kindest thing to do in hindsight but hell did they respond. It felt good to vent. And the players left, knowing full well the expectations the supporters expected of them. They we're rejuvenated or [Poor language removed] scared of us. Sometimes conflict kindles hope. Vociferous. They responded. Just like when Bayern caved before us. That's the power of the old lady.

It's different now, mercenary players and managers. Who knows if they care. The bottom line is "the hope that kills ya". No. it's our expectations as supporters who demand the best, we're still throwing cushions it's just not so immediate now. And I'll die before I accept we can't be the best or they forget who we are.
Cracking post that....you should bottle that attitude and flog it off at the Southampton game...nice one!!

Burnley have had stability all year & have grounded out results...
No he hasn’t. Have you seen the fan reaction to him? That’s not stability. Also, let’s not forget he’s had a lot more money to spend than any of the teams around us.

If we hoof him now lets see how many pundits throw hus bame into the hat for the Arsenal or Chelsea jobs,the fans on here backing him wouldnt mention Sam in relation to thise vacancies but expect us to give him the chance to shine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back