Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rest of the country are increasingly looking at our support howling Allardyce down then looking at our table position and scratching their heads and wondering WTF we expect out of his tenure here.

This brings me to the point: the whole line of attack on Allardyce should have been to acknowledge he's done the job he was brought in to do the only way he knows how, but to underline that to get where we want to go to (and presumably where the owner wants to go to, given his statements since he arrived) the negative football SA serves up cant take us there.

Just simply calling the feller out for being stylistically uncouth leaves the matter open as a subjective debate. It's the OBJECTIVE reality that the rate he can pile points up at will never get us top 6 that had to be hammered home. Basically we've seen a reasonable and constructive argument to get the feller out replaced by spite and insult.

15:46
'I can't believe Everton's fans'

Huddersfield 0-1 Everton

450c6776-00c6-443e-b555-a27b955c3670.jpg

Garth Crooks

BBC Sport football expert on Final Score

I can't believe Everton's fans at the moment. Everton were on the floor when Sam Allardyce took over and he's saved them. He's steadied the ship, kept them up and the fans won't give him any credit.

I think some Everton fans are reacting to what is happening across the road at Liverpool, they're seeing what Liverpool are doing, and not concentrating on their own team.

Sam's awful. I mean how dare he keep getting us playing effective football and getting results.

We need fonseca, he will have us playing great football and have us playing champions league in 6 months...... not

The rest of the country are increasingly looking at our support howling Allardyce down then looking at our table position and scratching their heads and wondering WTF we expect out of his tenure here.

This brings me to the point: the whole line of attack on Allardyce should have been to acknowledge he's done the job he was brought in to do the only way he knows how, but to underline that to get where we want to go to (and presumably where the owner wants to go to, given his statements since he arrived) the negative football SA serves up cant take us there.

Just simply calling the feller out for being stylistically uncouth leaves the matter open as a subjective debate. It's the OBJECTIVE reality that the rate he can pile points up at will never get us top 6 that had to be hammered home. Basically we've seen a reasonable and constructive argument to get the feller out replaced by spite and insult.

Not true, Leicester fans are doing the exact same thing at the mo, due to the dire footy that their manager has got them serving up.

However no one in the press is jumping down about this, as he`s not "Big Sam friend of the media ", so they aren`t arsed and will happily watch him get sacked.

I’m reliably informed that Sam will get a huge pay rise if he gets us Europe + a 2 year contract ( one year extension can be triggered)

Not true, Leicester fans are doing the exact same thing at the mo, due to the dire footy that their manager has got them serving up.

However no one in the press is jumping down about this, as he`s not "Big Sam friend of the media ", so they aren`t arsed and will happily watch him get sacked.
But they're on a terrible run and they were champions not long ago. They still have some of that credibility that they should be getting near to a CL spot given most of their title winning team are there...but look a the tat we have.

the entire f-ing country outside the hard core section of our own fans think we are mental in our treatment of Sam. At this stage there is about a 10% chance of Moshiri firing him and even then a proper alternative needs to be found.

A strong end to the season will probably see allardyce get another season. He probably thinks why pay him £6m to leave, after the compensation of the previous managers.

But they're on a terrible run and they were champions not long ago. They still have some of that credibility that they should be getting near to a CL spot given most of their title winning team are there...but look a the tat we have.

No Dave, they`re manager has them playing almost Allardyce style footy and they aren`t happy.

Dire hoofball > unhappy fans.

It really is that simple.

No Dave, they`re manager has them playing almost Allardyce style footy and they aren`t happy.

Dire hoofball > unhappy fans.

It really is that simple.
They had hoofball under Ranieri!

I want Allardyce out as much as you do. However, he's come in and done his thing. We need acknowledgment of that but to emphatically make it plain that he cant get us where we need to go.

It's a more nuanced protest I grant you, but it's the only way we get a change this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back