Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
#bbcfootball or text 81111

Shuvam Sinha: Don't understand the issue Everton fans have with Big Sam. Nobody really expected them to challenge the top six and Burnley are having a one-season thing. If eighth isn't good enough for them then I don't know what is.

That attitude will be trickling through to Moshiri and it's what we're up against. We need to have made the counter argument to that much more strongly and not just called him for being a dinosaur. I hold my hand up to that too. We've been clumsy in our line of attack on Allardyce and played into his hands.
The line of attack should be more against moshiri

Talking about Sam on Final score, it's not just about his style of football(although they never mentioned we have spent 250m+ and should expect to be playing better stuff). It's his negative mindset he goes for draws and doesn't try to win big games. Watching his teams is soul destroying.

Garth Crooks and Danny Mills can't believe how ungrateful the Everton fans are after, they say, Allardyce has saved the club from relegation. They both say it's only because the Everton fans are jealous of the success of Liverpool!

But they didn't offer any explanation for the similar attitude of Newcastle and West Ham fans. Who could they have been jealous of? Nor did they say when they last had to sit through an Everton game.

Personally, I can't bear any more of what Allardyce offers as football.

Basically, as an Evertonian, no, 8th isn't good enough.
It never was and isn't now. But banging on about style has let Allardyce off the hook as he has set his stall out to point to clean sheets and table placement. The argument since he arrived should have been that he could only ever get us to a place we dont wish to be. And then 8th is no comfort zone at all for the manager.

It's been a crude and ineffective line of attack on SA.

The line of attack should be more against moshiri
It should be and still can be. He needs targeting in the remainder of the season. Make him know in no uncertain terms that his much vaunted ambition lies in ruins if we dont get a better manager who can have a better go at top 5/6 brought in.

It never was and isn't now. But banging on about style has let Allardyce off the hook as he has set his stall out to point to clean sheets and table placement. The argument since he arrived should have been that he could only ever get us to a place we dont wish to be. And then 8th is no comfort zone at all for the manager.

It's been a crude and ineffective line of attack on SA.

Don't care how he is tackled, that man shouldn't be anywhere near our club. End.

#bbcfootball or text 81111

Shuvam Sinha: Don't understand the issue Everton fans have with Big Sam. Nobody really expected them to challenge the top six and Burnley are having a one-season thing. If eighth isn't good enough for them then I don't know what is.

That attitude will be trickling through to Moshiri and it's what we're up against. We need to have made the counter argument to that much more strongly and not just called him for being a dinosaur. I hold my hand up to that too. We've been clumsy in our line of attack on Allardyce and played into his hands.

Not really IMO. People who didn't want him are very vocal about it and, to be honest, got very upset with everything about him to a point where i think that they don't even enjoy us winning under him. They find nothing positive about what he's done. He's fluked wins etc etc.

Entitled to that. But like you say, there's a counter argument that should've been used rather than the fume that was used if they want him out.

I'm more concerned about Moshiri's decision making going forward than Big Sam who's come in, done a job.

Now it's a media circus and Big Sam is the victim.

Don't care how he is tackled, that man shouldn't be anywhere near our club. End.
I fully agree. But the way he's attacked by the fans needed/needs to be much cuter than simply calling him gravy chops etc etc. and taking the piss out of his lack of football creativity and style.

Those things are subjective. TELLING this owner that only a manager capable of getting us the wins we require to fulfil HIS own stated ambitions was/is the only intelligent approach to protest.

Garth Crooks and Danny Mills can't believe how ungrateful the Everton fans are after, they say, Allardyce has saved the club from relegation. They both say it's only because the Everton fans are jealous of the success of Liverpool!

But they didn't offer any explanation for the similar attitude of Newcastle and West Ham fans. Who could they have been jealous of? Nor did they say when they last had to sit through an Everton game.

Personally, I can't bear any more of what Allardyce offers as football.

Because theyre more deluded.

And both went down or struggled after he left.

Not really IMO. People who didn't want him are very vocal about it and, to be honest, got very upset with everything about him to a point where i think that they don't even enjoy us winning under him. They find nothing positive about what he's done. He's fluked wins etc etc.
Entitled to that. But like you say, there's a counter argument that should've been used rather than the fume that was used if they want him out.
I'm more concerned about Moshiri's decision making going forward than Big Sam who's come in, done a job.
Now it's a media circus and Big Sam is the victim.
Exactly. It's strengthened his position the way he's been attacked clumsily and not forensically and consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back