Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ThenI ask you again, what's the point of getting a new manager. We have to believe it's possible and it is possible of course it is but we need the right infrastructure and it may not happen next year but that's not to say it can't be done.

if you don't believe that, what's the point in it all, we may as well follow a different sport.

I don't think there is much use in getting a new manager at this point. I've accepted it's going to be a very long waiting game if we are to get anywhere.

There lies the problem.

Our expectations have been dumbed down to such an extent, that wins against dross like Huddersfield, are now celebrated like we`ve done something special.

Winning games like this, should be the minimum requirement, not seen as something to shout about.

However, as you say, he will turn the fact that we`re eighth and won last two games, fully to his advantage.

However the club can`t ignore a full away end, singing for his head for the whole game. This isn`t going away and eventually will spread into the home games next season ( if he`s here ), just like the end of Martinez reign.

They should be dumbed down because Koeman and Walsh amassed an expensive and awful squad of players. Mine are.

Trying to get blood from a stone if you're watching that sqaud expecting quality every week.

Ball has always been in Moshiri's court. We'll know what type of owner he is at the end of the season.

Ive no beef with big Sam with this season. But if Mosh wants a rebuild job, that is needed, he has to make the decisions.

And I think he is.

Listened to the game on the radio as was driving so didn’t watch it. Commentators said a few times that there was a lot of abuse from the fans and the players didn’t appreciate it. Was that directed at sam or the players or the board?

End of the day we're gonna finish 8th. We finished 7th last year. That didn't look possible in November.

Being upset on how we got there, style of play, "shots on target" etc etc just makes us out to be no better the West Ham Way brigade or the Barcodes as if Ginola was still bossing games for them. The press defended Sam then.
We are not them though mate, and finishing in this position in such a terrible league and playing the way we do is not good enough.

As said, it's no reflection on Allardyce: you dont buy a dog and protest that he barks a lot and craps in the garden. It's a reflection on the owner if he decides this is what we are now, given his statements about how ambitious he is.

I don't think there is much use in getting a new manager at this point. I've accepted it's going to be a very long waiting game if we are to get anywhere.

It will be, so we need to start the rebuilding process asap, with someone who has the tactical nous to at least give it a go at the top 6/7, something Sam can't and more importantly won't do.

Never in my life have we had a manager who actually takes a loss before a ball is kicked, it's not good enough for Everton Football Club; or a Chairman who says such things as 'expected loss', unbelievable.

Then again, Rafael was never their mate the way this chap is.

He has so many mates in the media all banging his drum.

does he really have 'media mates' ??

where were they when they were setting him up to fail as England boss then ?

weird if true

Listened to the game on the radio as was driving so didn’t watch it. Commentators said a few times that there was a lot of abuse from the fans and the players didn’t appreciate it. Was that directed at sam or the players or the board?
Ha ha. They shouldn't be such spineless gets then when they face a decent team.

'Kin state of them beating trash like Huddersfield and then thinking they need respecting.

I;d sell the 'kin lot of those clowns in a heartbeat.

It's a positive fact that will be overlooked by all the Allardyce haters...

The fact is Allardyce has done what he was asked to do...

Whether he can take us on from that next season will be interesting if he is given the chance...

He did what he had to do and then still refused to try anything different, that's what grates the most. Like today 1 -0 up and he brings another defender on despite us having nothing to worry about in the League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back