Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s had 20 years to go to the next level, there is a reason he is seen as a Firefighter.[/QUOT

Everton is his biggest club this would be his test to see if he could make it to the next level..

With all his other clubs he has been fire fighting I agree entirely...

I don’t cheer this team, I’m disgusted most of them even have a blue shirt on. They’re a disgrace.

I’ve booed more than I’ve cheered over these past four years and I’ve been vocal in wanting Kenwright out for as long as I can remember.

I’ll always go, because they’re my club, but I will never happy-clap something that isn’t right.

Anyone behind these players, or Kenwright, should re-evaluate what this club actually is.

I’ve never seen us win a trophy, but I will always expect the best. I hold the same view as Neville Southall. If we’re not winning the league, we’re nowhere. Finishing 7th is not, and should never been seen as, good enough for Everton Football Club.
Problem is I feel that our expectations have been steadily eroded over the years since we last WON the title, with a few hopes of "a new dawn" along the way leading to a sort of apathy amongst our fans where the worst is expected. The blame for this lies fairly and squarely with the decisions made at board level, from managerial appointments to ground failures, to marketing strategies. I don't feel he fans as a whole even think that things will improve ...it's like a drip feed of mediocrity fed to us to the point where some just have ceased to care. As they say it's the despair I can cope with....it's the hope that gets me in the end
Y

It's a positive fact that will be overlooked by all the Allardyce haters...

The fact is Allardyce has done what he was asked to do...

Whether he can take us on from that next season will be interesting if he is given the chance...

Allardyce said that after we were ‘safe’ we would see a tactically different Everton, more adventurous, attacking etc, still yet to see any proof of this.

The fact is after playing a certain type of negative footy for all these years, there is no way he will change his philosophy, and that’s been proven by the footy we’re now playing, even after being ‘safe’

Allardyce said that after we were ‘safe’ we would see a tactically different Everton, more adventurous, attacking etc, still yet to see any proof of this.

The fact is after playing a certain type of negative footy for all these years, there is no way he will change his philosophy, and that’s been proven by the footy we’re now playing, even after being ‘safe’
He mean't he was taking the lads down to Laser Quest as a treat.

“We discussed next season and if I wasn’t going to be here why would we be discussing next season at great length?"

If he was to be here next season he'd have been told so by Moshiri at the meeting, he hasn't.

As soon as Moshiri gets the deal done for a new manager he'll let Allardyce know he's no longer required.

Exactly this. The first paragraph shows that he hasn’t been told he is here next season.

The thing is that Sam would’ve asked him outright in the meeting if he was being retained. If he had been told he is, he would’ve been giving it the billy big balls yesterday.

Whether he can take us on from that next season will be interesting if he is given the chance...
It's a fact you refuse to acknowledge. He's had 4-5 months to get the team playing decent football and he is completely unable. He's been doing the same thing for 20 years. He literally said "I will be judged on results and entertaining football". If he's judged on that, he's a failure

It's a positive fact that will be overlooked by all the Allardyce haters...

The fact is Allardyce has done what he was asked to do...

He has achieved the bare minimum that was required of him. But the concern is he thinks the quality of football he has coached is sufficient. It demonstrably isn't.
Monday's game was dire , the standard of football was poor and we produced one shot on goal. I barely managed to get off my seat to celebrate because what preceded it was so unmitigatingly tedious that a sense of ennui had encompassed me along with the rest of the subdued crowd. Yet this 'style' of football is one that Allardyce robustly defended in his post match comments. It does not bode well or give me any hope of a brighter future under this mans flawed guidance.
Certainly there is very little in his past record or his present to suggest he is capable of building a team that can do more than fight for the best of the rest title.
His limited style of football that could at least grind out results 15 years ago has long since become outmoded. Tactics evolve constantly in football and his methods look out of place and perform poorly in today's game.
I sincerely hope we do not intend to waste another season in the vain hope that this ageing manager can do that which he has failed to do in a long and disappointing career in top flight football namely manage a team into the elite and provide some genuinely exciting football along the way.

I agree with you the football has not been pretty...
However 5 months is a short timescale to make big changes he needs more time...

it's the hope that gets me in the end

I used to sit with my Dad sometimes in the mainstand. Mostly though I was with my mates in the Enclosure. That night when the cushions rained down, I was with my Da. Wasn't my proudest moment I must admit but it wasn't out of apathy, it was down to sheer frustration.

Fair enough wasn't the kindest thing to do in hindsight but hell did they respond. It felt good to vent. And the players left, knowing full well the expectations the supporters expected of them. They we're rejuvenated or [Poor language removed] scared of us. Sometimes conflict kindles hope. Vociferous. They responded. Just like when Bayern caved before us. That's the power of the old lady.

It's different now, mercenary players and managers. Who knows if they care. The bottom line is "the hope that kills ya". No. it's our expectations as supporters who demand the best, we're still throwing cushions it's just not so immediate now. And I'll die before I accept we can't be the best or they forget who we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back