• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Samuel Eto'o

Is Eto'o a good signing ?

• Err, Yes, he's boss

Votes: 549 76.3%
  • No, he'll be Martinez' Ginola

Votes: 110 15.3%
  • I only care about Cheese on Toast, Everton players don't interest me

Votes: 61 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems nuts that he is so much worse than when he played for us, even though all standard football wisdom says he's 'in his prime.'

I remember seeing how good he was in his first season at United and being so depressed about that. The blow has been softened over the years as he hasn't turned into the 'best player in the world' we all thought he would be.

I guess that overgrown teenage physique he had has done him no favours.

Wayne never, ever realised nor fulfilled the potential he showed when he first burst on the scene here.

Sure, he won plenty at OT, but the team was never built around him nor did he impose his authority on it.

He played second fiddle to Ronaldo and then RVP.

Born ten years too early.....imagine he had broken through here in the Roberto era.

It seems nuts that he is so much worse than when he played for us, even though all standard football wisdom says he's 'in his prime.'

I remember seeing how good he was in his first season at United and being so depressed about that. The blow has been softened over the years as he hasn't turned into the 'best player in the world' we all thought he would be.

Footballers are like autos...not how old they are but how much mileage they've racked up...

His game has changed but he'll still score more now than he did for us.

I didn't realise how good Eto'o's strike rate at Chelsea was... According to wiki he scored 9 in 21 league matches. Impressive rate for any striker considering he was used as a utility man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back