• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Samuel Eto'o

Is Eto'o a good signing ?

• Err, Yes, he's boss

Votes: 549 76.3%
  • No, he'll be Martinez' Ginola

Votes: 110 15.3%
  • I only care about Cheese on Toast, Everton players don't interest me

Votes: 61 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got a feeling this could have a similar impact to whe we signed louis saha,
People were questioning his hunger and ability, claiming his age and injuries meant that he was past it,
As we all know he went on to socre a lot of important goals for us before moyes turned him into a winger haha
If eto'o contributes a similar amount of goals then it'll be a great signing

Always been a fan of Eto'o and I still think he's got a lot to offer. He's a clever mover, adaptable and hardworking a perfect role model for Rom. Great signing.

If you'd have told me two years ago that we'd spend nearly 30 mill on a striker and that we'd also have Eto'o as his back up I'd have laughed at you.

I don't see him as an understudy to Lukaku. He's a different type of player and a better goal scorer right now. Two players at opposite ends of huge careers. It couldn't be better.

If they're fit, imo he's going to start with Lukaku and Eto'o in most games. I dont see any reason to leave a player of his quality out.

The other two attacking places are up for grabs.

The international retirement settled a lot of my nerves about him. At least he'll now be a success or failure due to his ability on the pitch in pure footballing terms, rather than because of his mentality towards playing for us like an elevated version of an MLS side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back