• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Samuel Eto'o

Is Eto'o a good signing ?

• Err, Yes, he's boss

Votes: 549 76.3%
  • No, he'll be Martinez' Ginola

Votes: 110 15.3%
  • I only care about Cheese on Toast, Everton players don't interest me

Votes: 61 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When we win on Saturday.

BwIjNIRCEAM0SnY.jpg

Im not being funny or commenting on the transfer , but just look at him !! Theres not a chance he is 33. Id say around 38-41
Is there actual documented proof he is 33 ?

Let's be honest, the OH MY GOD HE MUST BE ABOUT FIFTY shouts are pretty tiresome, and sort of racist in a way. It did used to happen years ago but right now, in the premier league they know how old the players are. He'll be 33. They have tests that know players ages.

Last thing like this that happened with a premier league club was with a lad who was on trial at blackburn who forged his passport, but that was picked up on his medical, and he was arrested for it.

Nwankwo Kanu's official age is 33 but his real age is 42. Obafemi Martins is not 25 but 32. Jay-Jay Okocha was 10 years older than his "official" age throughout his career. And Taribo West, whose playing career ended only two years ago, is in his late fifties. Who says so? A stream of bloggers on some of Nigeria's most popular websites, in response to comments made after the country's timid effort in last month's Africa Cup of Nations.

A former employee of the British embassy in Nigeria told Observer Sport that when visa applicants complained to him about having their applications rejected, he would reply: "Well don't talk to me about it, I'm dead." He would respond to their looks of puzzlement by pointing to the wall behind him, on which hung his death certificate, purchased for a small fee from a Lagos supplier. Fifa reckon they have finally come up with a foolproof way of determining real age. Ahead of last year's Under-17 World Cup in, as it happened, Nigeria, the governing body announced that players would be subjected to wrist scans using magnetic resonance imaging, and this would determine their true age.

That led some countries to undertake precautionary scans beforehand. The results were never announced, but Nigeria suddenly discarded 15 squad members, while Gambia omitted 11 of the 18 who had helped them to victory in the African Under-17 championship a few months earlier. Reports claim that retrospective analyses of the previous three Under-17 World Cups showed more than a third of all players were too old.

He is indeed boss.

He's so boss he's always got a pound coin for a trolley in the Asda.

Seriously though, he is good, isn't he? CL winner 3 times. First player to score in two CL finals. Olympic gold. Tons of stuff like that.

ofcourse he is. perfect mentor for rom.

Must say I'm looking forward to seeing him play although after seeing him for Anzi(looked awful when I seen him) and Chelsea(mediocre) I'm slightly apprehensive that he's gonna be gash and we'll be gutted cos thats what usually happens when we all get excited about something.Most definitely a gamble worth taking though cos he can't be any worse than Kone or Traore were last season.

He is indeed boss.

He's so boss he's always got a pound coin for a trolley in the Asda.

Seriously though, he is good, isn't he? CL winner 3 times. First player to score in two CL finals. Olympic gold. Tons of stuff like that.

I beat in GOT mugs. Stick that Sammy lad.

Nwankwo Kanu's official age is 33 but his real age is 42. Obafemi Martins is not 25 but 32. Jay-Jay Okocha was 10 years older than his "official" age throughout his career. And Taribo West, whose playing career ended only two years ago, is in his late fifties. Who says so? A stream of bloggers on some of Nigeria's most popular websites, in response to comments made after the country's timid effort in last month's Africa Cup of Nations.

A former employee of the British embassy in Nigeria told Observer Sport that when visa applicants complained to him about having their applications rejected, he would reply: "Well don't talk to me about it, I'm dead." He would respond to their looks of puzzlement by pointing to the wall behind him, on which hung his death certificate, purchased for a small fee from a Lagos supplier. Fifa reckon they have finally come up with a foolproof way of determining real age. Ahead of last year's Under-17 World Cup in, as it happened, Nigeria, the governing body announced that players would be subjected to wrist scans using magnetic resonance imaging, and this would determine their true age.

That led some countries to undertake precautionary scans beforehand. The results were never announced, but Nigeria suddenly discarded 15 squad members, while Gambia omitted 11 of the 18 who had helped them to victory in the African Under-17 championship a few months earlier. Reports claim that retrospective analyses of the previous three Under-17 World Cups showed more than a third of all players were too old.

I read that the scans become unreliable after I think 18-21. Good to check them while they're young but once they're a bit older you can't really prove that a Freddie Adu is actually 35 sadly.

Interesting comment in a paper today that Eto'o was looking forward to playing for us for the next two years and hopefully longer!

To be fair mate I think the words he used suggested just that he'd be at the club for longer, not necessarily playing. I read the same piece and got the impression he was already a big buyer of the RM / EFC philosophy and wanted to become a part of the family beyond his playing days. Which infact is even better!!

To be fair mate I think the words he used suggested just that he'd be at the club for longer, not necessarily playing. I read the same piece and got the impression he was already a big buyer of the RM / EFC philosophy and wanted to become a part of the family beyond his playing days. Which infact is even better!!

True but my understanding from reading it that there might well be more playing days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back