2023/24 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes him a legend? Always found this word curious.

Depends on who you ask.

I'm too young to remember an Everton side who won anything (I was only 4 in 1995). The likes of Cahill, Baines and Coleman for example are probably the players that are closest to being legends for me because of their longevity and love for the club. Coleman has probably been tainted somewhat by how poor we've been the last few years so he's a part of that decline.

Depends on who you ask.

I'm too young to remember an Everton side who won anything (I was only 4 in 1995). The likes of Cahill, Baines and Coleman for example are probably the players that are closest to being legends for me because of their longevity and love for the club. Coleman has probably been tainted somewhat by how poor we've been the last few years so he's a part of that decline.

I was born in 1991 and no Everton player I've seen since is a legend to me.

I have absolutely no idea how anybody could slag off Coleman's attitude or love of this club, I am staggered by it.

Wow, he has a love for playing for his country as well and he himself still thinks he might have something to offer. He may well be wrong but judging by what everybody says, within the club, his presence is worth more than his weight in gold.

Nobody knows what he has been offered financially or what kind of 'other' responsibilities he will have. Once again people just want to hate on something they made up in their own head to feel all superior.

Yeah fair enough... I was born in 1991 as well so I'm similar to you. There are some names who maybe come close given the context of our Everton experience, but they're certainly not legends like players from title winning sides.

Stracqualursi was pretty legendary. I'm an 89 kid and I agree. There's another word out there though that should be applied to players like Ferguson, Campbell, Cahill, Baines, Jagielka and Coleman. Legend probably isn't it but it'll be something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back