2023/24 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will have a season of torrential abuse on GOT for being too old and passed it, with little or no respect for the loyalty andet blood and sweat he has given in passed campaigns. Vault me

As you get older you don't tend to get better and his last few seasons haven't been great. Likely he will give people reason to moan despite trying his best. I won't lay into him but he should have been the one to say I'm not as good as I once was, my body is struggling with the demands of PL football, I'm retiring or go back to Sligo for a last hurrah.

View attachment 259964
View attachment 259965

You’ve been sussed.
No denials to my other points either, just the ones in bold which the above references show are blag and bluff.
Thankfully your views, lack of respect and those of a few other WUMs are in the tiny minority.
I’m usually proud to meet fellow Blues.
Tolerance and respect wins.

So I wanted them to win one game means I have a soft spot and :lol: you think I started that thread? Christ you need to pay more attention to how GOT works my man.

Stick to your Bhoys and all that other nonsense.

Many posters in here think him getting a new contract is pointless.

I've loved Seamus over the years, but, I really think he is in danger of tarnishing his career here by signing a new contract. He really can't be expected to play as a starting option in the premier league at his age and with his injury history, the thing is, you just know he will be asked to.

This is one of my biggest issues. He was amazing for us, but it was so long ago now that I’m starting to just forget he was ever any good. He’s like a ghost that lingers now.

I do think also though if he carries on next season trying to juggle the PL and Ireland he’s disrespecting us. His body can’t hack that at all.

This is one of my biggest issues. He was amazing for us, but it was so long ago now that I’m starting to just forget he was ever any good. He’s like a ghost that lingers now.

I do think also though if he carries on next season trying to juggle the PL and Ireland he’s disrespecting us. His body can’t hack that at all.
I said pretty much exactly this a few months ago and got slagged off for it.

He will not be in a position to play another tournament for Ireland so would be, at best, helping them qualify for a year before retiring from football next summer. With his injury record, remembering who pays his incredible salary, he needs to be retiring from international football, yet he won't.

IMO it's massively disrespectful towards Everton for him to continue putting his body on the line for Ireland when he's missed so many games for Everton through injuries he's had from international games.

Yes Seamus, you're proud to represent your country, everybody gets that, but it's high time you called it a day.

So I wanted them to win one game means I have a soft spot and :lol: you think I started that thread? Christ you need to pay more attention to how GOT works my man.

Stick to your Bhoys and all that other nonsense.

Many posters in here think him getting a new contract is pointless.
No nonsense(?), and despite no denials, will agree to disagree.
Many on this forum, Twitter etc want Coleman to stay.

Dyche, Tarky and the squad have expressed similar too and in recent weeks underlined his importance on and off the pitch.

Here’s hoping he lifts a trophy for us next season.

I agree with a few here, he looked off it last season.

Reality is though we have a whole sports science dept, if he's not hitting metrics we wouldn't be trying to re-sign him, he had a bad injury that kept him out for about 8 months and he never really got going, hoping a good preseason really helps him, i think that could have been part of the issue last season, was caught in that injury and recovery cycle and never really got going.

No nonsense(?), and despite no denials, will agree to disagree.
Many on this forum, Twitter etc want Coleman to stay.

Dyche, Tarky and the squad have expressed similar too and in recent weeks underlined his importance on and off the pitch.

Here’s hoping he lifts a trophy for us next season.

Christ you're delusional.

I have no issue him staying at Everton, in a coaching or ambassadorial role, that's it. He should not be getting paid a PL wage to play 3 games per season.

The most loyal footballer I have ever seen and one of the most sound and humble in the world. The amount of respect he has for his fans in unbelievable

Anyways, he has played for us for 16 years, turnung down offers to stay at us

What "offers has he turned down to stay with us" ??

I have absolutely no idea how anybody could slag off Coleman's attitude or love of this club, I am staggered by it.

Wow, he has a love for playing for his country as well and he himself still thinks he might have something to offer. He may well be wrong but judging by what everybody says, within the club, his presence is worth more than his weight in gold.

Nobody knows what he has been offered financially or what kind of 'other' responsibilities he will have. Once again people just want to hate on something they made up in their own head to feel all superior.

Rubbish. Its not about feeling "superior" its because hes finished at this level.

Christ you're delusional.

I have no issue him staying at Everton, in a coaching or ambassadorial role, that's it. He should not be getting paid a PL wage to play 3 games per season.

Spot on ;)

Can blood be a certain nationality?
Cut out the derogatory comments. You obviously don’t know your history, doubt you live anywhere near the city or go the game, but if you did know your history you’d know that that a large number of our support are Irish or have Irish blood / connections. You bring-up the topic regularly on the Coleman thread, yet don’t call-out nationalities when people slag or defend other players.

You started a thread on Patterson, have a soft spot for rangers, yet constantly slag off a player who has done so much for our Club on and off the field - your bias is sad, not welcome and outdated. Not sure why you don’t support the shower over the park. Your views are more aligned to John Houlding and the cronies that started the RS than our Everton.
Presumably that’s O’ positive or O’ negative?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back