2023/24 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blame the club for not getting a rb to take the starting spot off him, would understand one last year just to be around the swuad reduced wage. But we should have had a relacement now has been rushed back and played to many times when he should have been a squad player. Is still important we have him around this season as going be tough again.

Blame the club for not getting a rb to take the starting spot off him, would understand one last year just to be around the swuad reduced wage. But we should have had a relacement now has been rushed back and played to many times when he should have been a squad player. Is still important we have him around this season as going be tough again.
Will you recognize me?
Call my name or walk on by
Rain keeps falling, rain keeps falling
Down, down, down, down

Dont you, forget about me!
1718144502717.webp

Will you recognize me?
Call my name or walk on by
Rain keeps falling, rain keeps falling
Down, down, down, down

Dont you, forget about me!
View attachment 260414
Just have alot frustration the whole situation with him, has had several injuries. Feel like the manager has not managed him properly by giving him more of a run of games or much of a chance, then is doing enough if training to convince him. Just all this time been here i am not sure the lad is good enough is his last season for me been here 3 seasons now is not going be a better time to get into the team

Just have alot frustration the whole situation with him, has had several injuries. Feel like the manager has not managed him properly by giving him more of a run of games or much of a chance, then is doing enough if training to convince him. Just all this time been here i am not sure the lad is good enough is his last season for me been here 3 seasons now is not going be a better time to get into the team

Lad has to rise to the challenge mate, it was one of the meanest defences in the league last year, you have to earn it when you get the run, like Garner and Jarrod.

He should be relishing it, two thirty something ahead of him, if he’s going to make it he has to move them both.

I always look at a player full tilt, the Derby game he played he was superb, if he’s capable of that, I’m happy to back him, he’s got to do it and do it consistently or it will pass him by. I would have loaned him in Jan, that’s ship has sailed. We need to hope-he can rise to the challenge now, he should be relishing taking it on, super chance to establish himself, given the age of Coleman and Young.

Absolute nonsense playing him in the last 2 international friendlies

O’Shea is a clown trying to get a job he has no right to

Had this argument in the past with people on here who seem convinced that he’s turned down Top 4 clubs to stay with us despite no bid ever materialising.

Bizarre.

He's loyal = paid a fortune
He's 'our' captain = during a failed era
He's rejected moves = lies
He's an icon = a beacon of embarassment

The quotes both the club and Coleman have made are shocking.

Like he is the one calling the shots.

Quality a decade ago...his ego is cashing cheques that neither his body or ability can handle.

Injuries havent helped. Nor the way Dyche uses full backs.

Coleman and Young are an embarassment every game. If one has 1/10 good match we never hear the end of it.

Other 9 games awful if they even get on the pitch.

Patterson or a new RB needed. Not Coleman or Young.

Dogdirt the pair of them.

He's loyal = paid a fortune
He's 'our' captain = during a failed era
He's rejected moves = lies
He's an icon = a beacon of embarassment

The quotes both the club and Coleman have made are shocking.

Like he is the one calling the shots.

Quality a decade ago...his ego is cashing cheques that neither his body or ability can handle.

Injuries havent helped. Nor the way Dyche uses full backs.

Coleman and Young are an embarassment every game. If one has 1/10 good match we never hear the end of it.

Other 9 games awful if they even get on the pitch.

Patterson or a new RB needed. Not Coleman or Young.

Dogdirt the pair of them.
It was him calling the shots club wanted to keep him was his choice to continue. I hate this line of captain during a failed era, what does that mean. And he is a beacon of embarassement what the hell does that mean, in the past alot of fans lucky to got what the did here with olayers like in the 80s. But actually read up on what players have said about coleman telling players and showing how much the club means to himself and the fans. Need to have abit of class, do agree that would be great get another fb so we could have less pressure on him, use him as a squad player for this last season.

It was him calling the shots club wanted to keep him was his choice to continue. I hate this line of captain during a failed era, what does that mean. And he is a beacon of embarassement what the hell does that mean, in the past alot of fans lucky to got what the did here with olayers like in the 80s. But actually read up on what players have said about coleman telling players and showing how much the club means to himself and the fans. Need to have abit of class, do agree that would be great get another fb so we could have less pressure on him, use him as a squad player for this last season.

He’s been a squad player for about 5 years now. Limp elk refusing to just give in to the hunt now.

He’s been a squad player for about 5 years now. Limp elk refusing to just give in to the hunt now.
Should have been but again because of the club he has been put into the team. Agree he should be on far less money and we should be bringing in a starting rb this season

If he pulls out of tackles and goes to the likes of Son rather than his own teammates then good luck to the 'icon'.

If he pulls out of tackles and goes to the likes of Son rather than his own teammates then good luck to the 'icon'.
Done alot more good than bad but is ok to have your view on him, but the lad has done alot of good in his time here. Yeah is an icon for fans here is fine that it is not your view on him, have lost the amount of times most players pull out of tackles and look like they dont care here. Colman is not one

Done alot more good than bad but is ok to have your view on him, but the lad has done alot of good in his time here. Yeah is an icon for fans here is fine that it is not your view on him, have lost the amount of times most players pull out of tackles and look like they dont care here. Colman is not one

I was a big fan when he signed also when he came back from Blackpool...all the way through to when he should have been sold.

When that became moot he should have retired several years ago.

Im bewildered that it looks like hes the one calling the shots over a new deal. Meanwhile we could be using that money to extend others deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back