2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the problem with that?!? The sooner people realise thats exactly what this Club needs, especially until Bramley Moore opens the better.
If we go down it will be administration, -10pts and the hope of ever reaching the heights in my lifetime are gone (I am 14)

Everton fans don't know what is good for them, then proper managers like Sam and Dyce come in save the club and get booed out.

I for one am sick of the blockbuster appointments, we have gone backwards ever since we started making them.

I want Dyce to come in here and sling it in the mixer from the half way line and get the knock downs. I FEEL IT IN MY BONES.

That'll be the end of those short socks Tom
Tom will be his favorite player, just watch. Tom and Gana. he favours 2 holding midfielders with the second striker (McNeil?) being a false 10. What we dont have is a fullback who can play a long ball out but we can be assured Pickford will be punting all day long.

I prefer the prospect of Bielsa because what it could mean for the club going forward but I do think Dyche probably has a bit of a better chance of keeping us up. He’s much more suited to work with what we have now and within those limits.

Don’t think he’s a bad choice at all, it’s just basically one of two very separate routes.

1. Go with Bielsa rework the club effectively, potentially still go down but plan to come back up with him.

2. Go with Dyche and grind things out and survive. Attempt to gradually grow instead of rapid change.

What can be said about both managers though which is good is that they’ll both work these players hard and expect 110%. There are other managers out there of course and these two did have bad periods to end their last jobs, it can’t be said enough though that their last clubs had big issues too.

In regards to Dyche the only thing I’ll say is people would’ve been fuming had we appointed Eddie Howe at the time of Benitez or Lampard (obviously we’d have had anyone but Benitez but you get my point) and now he’s leading Newcastle to the Champions League. Dyche has done a far more impressive job at Burnley than Howe did at Bournemouth. That’s all I’ll say.

Give him a chance before he’s even put his foot in the door.

Would have been better sticking with Lampard the next 2 games, get snotted in both then get a new manager in.

You'll know what will happen now?

He'll sign, they'll do all the videos of the players grafting hard and saying he's working them really well and we need to stand up and be counted blab blah blah

We'll all just have a little glimmer of hope

Then we'll be 2-0 down inside of 5 minutes against Arsenal

Last edited:
I'll hate the appointment because it's basically the exact opposite of how I want us to operate and play, but I also think that pretending that Dyche is below our level is wrong. The 17-18 season where he got Burnley 7th was very impressive considering the lumps he had in his team. I think the fans will get behind him if he gets results, and he won't suffer fools at the club, which should be a positive.

My biggest fear is that he'll work to get a bunch of hard earned draws and then go down because it won't be enough this season. I would have felt better about taking a big swing at this point. I also can't really see us attracting Onana type signings with him in charge, or even more concerning, what dynamic forwards are going to want to come play for him?

Sound, so you would also take Chris Wilder then? He got Sheff U to 9th? Pulis as well cos he got WBA to 8th? Paul Jewell had Wigan top half? Let’s bring George Burley back cos he got Ipswich to 5th?

He is a donkey of a manager - look at it this way: if Cooper retired after their game tonight do you think Forest go for Dyche? Would Leicester or West Ham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back