2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think anyone who watched Everton under dyche could see where the major problem sat, it was Keane.

We conceded loads prior to Keane your right, that's under a different manager though ( a very bad one )

The coady/tarky partnership had 2 clean sheets in 4 games ( average 1 goal a game conceded ) and conceded 1 at Brighton without him.

I won't count Manchester city because the are the world's best team and it really didn't matter who we had.

I think most people, myself included got angry when he refused to drop Keane after so many bad displays, he came in and dropped coady almost instantly ( he was playing very poorly so desvered dropping ) however Keane was costing us every single week but he played about 12 games straight.

I really think if mina had come in a few weeks prior we'd already be safe now.
Nah Keane had a few good games to be fair to him, it's total revisionism to claim he was rubbish right from when he came into the side. I would never have brought him back in to the side and have said as much numerous times, but I just can't get on board with this idea that he was single handedly responsible for us conceding a load of goals, it's just people looking for easy answers when there aren't any.

Nah Keane had a few good games to be fair to him, it's total revisionism to claim he was rubbish right from when he came into the side. I would never have brought him back in to the side and have said as much numerous times, but I just can't get on board with this idea that he was single handedly responsible for us conceding a load of goals, it's just people looking for easy answers when there aren't any.

The Keane hysterical hatred is probably the worst I've ever seen as a younger blue (beginning of Moyes era) - tough to think of someone else more unfairly criticised given the instability at the club since he joined and the fact that we've very rarely played to his strengths. Yes he's fairly clearly not good enough but there are so many players who aren't good enough that don't get anywhere near the level of stick

The Keane hysterical hatred is probably the worst I've ever seen as a younger blue (beginning of Moyes era) - tough to think of someone else more unfairly criticised given the instability at the club since he joined and the fact that we've very rarely played to his strengths. Yes he's fairly clearly not good enough but there are so many players who aren't good enough that don't get anywhere near the level of stick
I agree.
I hate when a player gets hammered unless they obviously don't give a crap about the club which is clearly not the case with Keane.
In this case Dyche has to take some responsibility as the whole thing was escalated by having a clearly better option sitting on the bench.

He started off his run OK, but the last half dozen games he was atrocious, like really really bad.

He should have been dropped weeks before he was eventually dropped.

Of course he wasn't single handedly costing us, but he was the biggest factor in us being so bad defensively.
Hate for Keane is simply because people need an individual scapegoat. They have such a poor level of critical thinking that they simply cannot mentally grasp that there are a multitude of issues underlying why we let so many in.
The hate for Keane is because he's an utter embarrassment of a footballer and he's been rinsing this club for about 5 years, seen off about 5/6 managers and still here like a bad smell.

Actually guys, I'm way smarter than all of you and Keane isn't that bad, you just don't understand football in the cerebral way that I do
OK it's not worded the best but the point at the heart of it is fair I think. It's this idea of Keane single handedly costing us games and everything just automatically being better if he wasn't playing that I take issue with - he is rubbish but he's not been that bad that we'd clearly have won games if he wasn't playing and so anyone who's suggesting that (and many have) is pretty much doing exactly what he's saying. I mean Mina has started 6 games this season and we've lost 5 of them, conceding 13 goals. The idea that we'd undoubtedly have faired so much better with him in the side seems a little bit far fetched when you look at actual facts.

Reactions: sdk
I agree.
I hate when a player gets hammered unless they obviously don't give a crap about the club which is clearly not the case with Keane.
In this case Dyche has to take some responsibility as the whole thing was escalated by having a clearly better option sitting on the bench.

Yeah, I actually thought Dyche was right to not be playing Mina at the time (Mina's fitness dodgy, important to build a CB partnership over time) - but both me and Dyche have been proven wrong pretty clearly.

On the first point though, regards Keane not caring about the club - didn't he nearly lose his leg (as in literally amputated) because he played on painkillers for 3 months under Koeman?

He was rushed to a private hospital in Liverpool and put on antibiotics. Initially the swelling continued before finally going down.

“If it had kept going up my leg that’s when it really gets serious — they said if it had got much worse we might have been looking at losing the foot,” Keane added.

Once again Keane was rushed back into action too quickly, popping painkillers and wearing outsized boots after spending just two games on the sidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.