2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did you notice the little smirk as he said that?

Yeah, this week includes the 'Gaffers Day' part of his pre-season routine

Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 14.57.16.png

I'm not a huge fan of Dyche, but I'm genuinely starting to feel sorry for him.

We currently have a squad of 24 players, which doesn't sound too bad until you consider that Lonergan, Gbamin, Gomes, Maupay, and (and I feel bad including him here after recent revelations but with his clauses and his recent form he belongs in this group) Alli are five of the 24, combined with Holgate and Gray who are strongly linked with moves away, DCL who we all know isn't going to stay fit, Dad's army Coleman, Young and Gueye (maybe a bit harsh on Gana) who realistically will only play a portion of the games and then players like Mykolenko, Keane and Godfrey who are a bit rubbish. That leaves only 10 players that I haven't commented on and none of them are anything to write home about (barring maybe Pickford).

If we really aren't going to sign anyone for any real money I fear that Dyche has been given an impossible task.

We currently have a squad of 24 players, which doesn't sound too bad until you consider that Lonergan, Gbamin, Gomes, Maupay, and (and I feel bad including him here after recent revelations but with his clauses and his recent form he belongs in this group) Alli are five of the 24, combined with Holgate and Gray who are strongly linked with moves away, DCL who we all know isn't going to stay fit, Dad's army Coleman, Young and Gueye (maybe a bit harsh on Gana) who realistically will only play a portion of the games and then players like Mykolenko, Keane and Godfrey who are a bit rubbish. That leaves only 10 players that I haven't commented on and none of them are anything to write home about (barring maybe Pickford).

If we really aren't going to sign anyone for any real money I fear that Dyche has been given an impossible task.
Hard to disagree with any of that

You think this year will be bad.
Imagine the money we will have to spend next summer, when the old codgers are too old and more contracts are up.
Next summer could be a world of pain.
Better get finding those bargains, and quick.

Which is why I am a fan of his
He'll get on with it and not throw his toys out of the pram

He will have known all this before taking the job, im pretty certain the finance's would be a massive part of the interview and he was happy to sign his contract.

You think this year will be bad.
Imagine the money we will have to spend next summer, when the old codgers are too old and more contracts are up.
Next summer could be a world of pain.
Better get finding those bargains, and quick.
Yeah but at least the older players are part of the team and on shorter contracts.
We have improved massively on previous years when we have had numerous squad and fringe players not getting near the squad and on big money.

Dont. He dont want nor need your pity. He's a gaffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.