2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah not having any defence of an absolute diabolical performance like that. This is Everton and it should be absolutely unacceptable to send a disorganised team out to perform like that at GP.

If their manager could have chosen how he'd ideally liked Everton to play today, he'd have said that system

I'm not happy to watch that standard of football. Football is supposed to be enjoyable
They took 5 starters off, some who were playing well, to rest them for Brighton. Still took the win.

Not overly arsed. We avoid another replay. But the players are playing so so far under the levels they are capable of individually, even aside from the formations etc.

For all the talk of unity, blocking out the noise, focusing on what happens on the pitch, if Dyche can’t put them in a mindset to make a 10 yard pass into space for a teammate to run onto without lashing it out of play or to a defender, he has a massive massive problem.

Sick of giving MoM to keeper, Tarks or Myko.

I think they are struggling. Maybe some thinking about jumping off the sinking ship, but knowing they cant be sold due to squad numbers. Our players have kicked the ball well below their actual ability for over a decade now and it’s pee’ing me right off.

Agree to an extent but the football on show from us is the worst football in the league. Being shown up by Championship and league 1 standard players.

Not a style I can watch for another couple of seasons.

His performances have delivered results that should have us sat comfortably in 12th though.

Is he infallible?

God no.

But the criticism/calls to sack him are way OTT.

Sack him and replace with who?

Luton turned the ball over very well for most parts from when clearing our attacks. Composed and structured.
Everton clearing the box went 'have it' and lumped it with not a soul up front.
Work on getting out of the box in a controlled manner. You have done it before against Brighton away and some others.
Reaction of players is minimal.....that have stopped supporting each other and look like they want to hide. I thought we had got over that.
Maybe the Dyche confidence boost is waning and going back to standard.

I'm not saying sack him

This is you since full time.;

Never ever an Everton manager

He's just a woeful inept manager

A proper manager doesn't set a top flight team up like that

I've simply stated the fella should have us sat comfortably in 12th, which fans would have snapped hands off for in the summer.

Sure, criticise - today was grim but in my opinion, its way over the top and lets keep some context.

Not defending him but he has to be backed with one or two players we have nothing to change a game with injuries. Will blame him for his subs was far to late would have swapoed the two wingers

I guess it was worth trying the 442 but it didn't really looked like they'd worked on it on the training ground. He needs to pull something out of the bag on Tuesday because I don't fancy getting much from Spurs or City.
Playing two lump centre forwards together will never work.

Most of the time 442 works with two mobile strikers, DCL tries to be but isn’t quick enough and Beto’s hold up play is there but he doesn’t have much else

I geniunely think the only run of results he’s had has always coincided with some sort of external boost. New manager bounce, reaction to the points deduction, etc. Once the hysteria settles, we revert to type, serving up lifeless performances.

The football and approach is absolutely dismal. If we win, it’s a 1-0 Tarky corner with 30% possession. A nick it game. No one plays like this anymore. The players are painful to watch, everything looks a chore. The obsession with survival just to endure the same rubbish and over. I’d rather just watch a few passages of play that actually looked like a team on the up. This isn’t it.

We'd be fine this season if it wasn't for the catastrophic mismanagement of the club.

He's been left without anyone to replace Doucoure, the most important player in his system.

And a *star* striker who's basically just given up from what I can see.

He's been dealt a terrible hand and still got more right than he's got wrong.

His performances have delivered results that should have us sat comfortably in 12th though.

Is he infallible?

God no.

But the criticism/calls to sack him are way OTT.

Sack him and replace with who?

Preference I suppose. Even when he done well with Burnley, it was never a style that I liked watching. I just think football has moved on and its not something I would like to watch for the next 2-3 years regardless.

Im not for sacking him now. I wouldnt be bothered in the slightest if he went in the summer though and certainly wouldnt be wanting us to give him a new deal.

As for your last point. The whole who could do better argument doesnt sit well with me. We have heard this from our fans a few times 'who would do a better job with this lot'. That negative thinking doesnt help. There are thousands of managers around the world. Im not having that there are a few we could get who wont improve us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back