2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preference I suppose. Even when he done well with Burnley, it was never a style that I liked watching. I just think football has moved on and its not something I would like to watch for the next 2-3 years regardless.

Im not for sacking him now. I wouldnt be bothered in the slightest if he went in the summer though and certainly wouldnt be wanting us to give him a new deal.

As for your last point. The whole who could do better argument doesnt sit well with me. We have heard this from our fans a few times 'who would do a better job with this lot'. That negative thinking doesnt help. There are thousands of managers around the world. Im not having that there are a few we could get who wont improve us.

We don't have the players to play progressive/expansive football.

We're crap. The last 3/4 years results show it. Pragmatic/percentage football is required to keep the club's head above water - and that means staying in the league.

You don't have to like it, but it's reality.

Sack him and replace with who? "there's thousands of managers, a few could replace us" - name one then mate, and is that a gamble you think the club should take now?

The context is that I dont believe he would have got the Everton job if it wasn't for all the mismanagement off the field. That's why I don't see him as the calibre needed to manage Everton. But we are where we are and that's not Dyche's fault.

Today is totally dreadful. He sent out a team that weren't well drilled and didn't know what they were doing. It's not unfair criticism. We were playing Luton not Liverpool, and to lose twice at home in 4 months, entirely due to set pieces, is entirely on the manager for me

I just thoroughly don't enjoy watching Everton play. I'm disillusioned and there's no sign of things getting better. In fact I'm pretty sure it gets worse before it ever gets better.

did you me or any of us think we would get better then dyche?

he’s all we have and his job is to keep us up.

nothing is changing with this club until the off the pitch crap is sorted

We're crap. The last 3/4 years results show it. Pragmatic/percentage football is required to keep the club's head above water - and that means staying in the league.

Sack him and replace with who? "there's thousands of managers, a few could replace us" - name one then mate, and is that a gamble you think the club should take now?

Teams in the lower divisions can pass the ball better than us.
We’ll never improve if we don’t try to do it.

Don't think we could afford to sack him.

If we did , I'm not sure many would be willing to take the job on currently.

Lots of credit in the bank, today was about as bad as it gets. I was expecting the team to be trying to get to the byline and get crosses in yet the whole game was “hit and hope”. Turgid today Shaun, absolutely turgid.

Preference I suppose. Even when he done well with Burnley, it was never a style that I liked watching. I just think football has moved on and its not something I would like to watch for the next 2-3 years regardless.

Im not for sacking him now. I wouldnt be bothered in the slightest if he went in the summer though and certainly wouldnt be wanting us to give him a new deal.

As for your last point. The whole who could do better argument doesnt sit well with me. We have heard this from our fans a few times 'who would do a better job with this lot'. That negative thinking doesnt help. There are thousands of managers around the world. Im not having that there are a few we could get who wont improve us.

dyche is all we can have

We tried 442 against them in September and it was an appalling performance

To try it against the same opposition was just bizarre
Well apart from starting Danjuma there was not much else he could do right ? Also the big problem is DCL is a pale shadow from the striker he was under Ancelotti and missing the fight Beto brings. And Beto misses the technique DCL has. The form of the front two is worryingly

Some have the same mentality like the West Ham fans have with Moyes.

It's not pretty front foot football. No but that's not the point. The point is... winning games and staying in the league.

If that's via horrible football then fill my cup

Anyone saying sack doesn’t understand:
Our squad quality
Our financial position
The decade of mismanagement that lead to this point

He is absolutely the best man for the job and the fact we haven’t had more days like this one this season is credit to him

People’s turned on him multiple times and then said nothing whilst we won matches. Crawling back out of the woodwork because we lost a couple of cup games and against City and Spurs in the league is pathetic imo.

The only games that I can’t defend are Wolves away, Villa away, Luton home x2. Other than that, I’ve seen well drilled teams give 100% and we should be midtable which is well above this squad’s quality.

The context is that I dont believe he would have got the Everton job if it wasn't for all the mismanagement off the field. That's why I don't see him as the calibre needed to manage Everton. But we are where we are and that's not Dyche's fault.

Today is totally dreadful. He sent out a team that weren't well drilled and didn't know what they were doing. It's not unfair criticism. We were playing Luton not Liverpool, and to lose twice at home in 4 months, entirely due to set pieces, is entirely on the manager for me

I just thoroughly don't enjoy watching Everton play. I'm disillusioned and there's no sign of things getting better. In fact I'm pretty sure it gets worse before it ever gets better.
There is a solution to this you know..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back