2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the team at it straight after the points deduction but that seems to have worn off.
So little quality everywhere. On the pitch. Bench and dugout.

It’s not though. Yeah most guys end up sacked, not every manager ends up sacked having never reached the level required. If West Ham sack Moyes that’s a far different situation as one example.
Were supposed to be on 26 points in the league, 2 pts behind Newcastle. Why are you ignoring this? Yes we reverted to type today but I think people are forgetting just how fragile we are

If we aren't going to even try to pass the ball and play football, then the very least I expect is to be competent at set pieces.
Honestly the flaw is still even trying a little. If you don’t want to play don’t play at all and just launch the ball into the box repeatedly. Make everything a set play. At least commit to something.

I think he's lucky that we're in an awful mess otherwise the majority of fans would want him out with this style of football. If we were comfortable in midtable how long could you put up with watching that week in week out.

My issue is with him is that it must be his instructions to kick the ball long for 80% of what possession we have. From pickford from centre backs, whoever has it. Its punt it up to lone striker dcl who hasn't scored in 15 now?
I don't mind the mix it up tactics to push back pressing teams but it's now all we do.

The Doucoure issue shows how limited he is as a manager. He's had so many games now to find solutions, but it seems like he is getting farther away from an answer.

I just don't understand what we did on the training field this week. We looked like we had no idea what we were doing, and we didn't even try to assert ourselves on them. Just a totally appalling level of football to present to a full house at home.

I could have told him that the 442 would never work, and I know virtually nothing about football. He's a top flight manager. It's not really good enough to make mistakes of that level.

We don't have the players to play progressive/expansive football.

We're crap. The last 3/4 years results show it. Pragmatic/percentage football is required to keep the club's head above water - and that means staying in the league.

You don't have to like it, but it's reality.

Sack him and replace with who? "there's thousands of managers, a few could replace us" - name one then mate, and is that a gamble you think the club should take now?
Are you saying that all of Brightons players are better than ours? So they can do it and we can`t?

Are you saying Verbruggen or Steele is better than Pickford or Virginia?
Are you saying Webster, Dunk or van Hecke is better than Tarkowski or Branthwaite?
Are you saying that Gilmour, Gross, Moder and Lallana are better than Onana and Garner?
Are you saying that Milner, March on the wing is better than McNeil, Harrison and Danjuma?
Are you saying that Joao Pedro, Ferguson and Welback are way better than DCL, Beto and Chermiti?

Yet they play that brand of football very very well yet our players are only capable of hoof ball... I would have agreed with you a little while ago but this season we have seen them play football but Dyche has completely drawn that back in.

Are you saying that all of Brightons players are better than ours? So they can do it and we can`t?

Are you saying Webster, Dunk or van Hecke is better than Tarkowski or Branthwaite?
Are you saying that Gilmour, Gross, Moder and Lallana are better than Onana and Garner?
Are you saying that Milner, March on the wing is better than McNeil, Harrison and Danjuma?
Are you saying that Joao Pedro, Ferguson and Welback are way better than DCL, Beto and Chermiti?

Yet they play that brand of football very very well yet our players are only capable of hoof ball... I would have agreed with you a little while ago but this season we have seen them play football but Dyche has completely drawn that back in.

Yes, better.

we can play football we’ve shown it

so we know we can

we need to do it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back