2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have the players to play progressive/expansive football.

We're crap. The last 3/4 years results show it. Pragmatic/percentage football is required to keep the club's head above water - and that means staying in the league.

You don't have to like it, but it's reality.

Sack him and replace with who? "there's thousands of managers, a few could replace us" - name one then mate, and is that a gamble you think the club should take now?
Spot on.

The absolute worst thing we could do right now is sack the manager. As you said we've a squad full of rubbish players bar the odd exception and what's more, it's paper thin.

We have to suck it up and get on with it.

Anyone understand why he can`t make a sub until the last 20 mins? Not saying he should change the system, but when the opposition make 5 subs and we only make our 2nd into injury time, you got to think he`s forgotten he can bring fresh legs on. And stop with the two keepers on the bench as well.

Are you saying that all of Brightons players are better than ours? So they can do it and we can`t?

Are you saying Verbruggen or Steele is better than Pickford or Virginia?
Are you saying Webster, Dunk or van Hecke is better than Tarkowski or Branthwaite?
Are you saying that Gilmour, Gross, Moder and Lallana are better than Onana and Garner?
Are you saying that Milner, March on the wing is better than McNeil, Harrison and Danjuma?
Are you saying that Joao Pedro, Ferguson and Welback are way better than DCL, Beto and Chermiti?

Yet they play that brand of football very very well yet our players are only capable of hoof ball... I would have agreed with you a little while ago but this season we have seen them play football but Dyche has completely drawn that back in.
Mate the difference is that they've all been bought to suit a style of football under a very intricate scouting system. This is a makeshift team of duds. Give de Zerbi this team and the pressures around it and I guarentee you he wouldn't have them playing like Brighton

Anyone understand why he can`t make a sub until the last 20 mins? Not saying he should change the system, but when the opposition make 5 subs and we only make our 2nd into injury time, you got to think he`s forgotten he can bring fresh legs on. And stop with the two keepers on the bench as well.
Because his options are Danjuma who has one trick of running and cutting inside/not passing

A child in Chermiti

Who else??

Mate the difference is that they've all been bought to suit a style of football under a very intricate scouting system. This is a makeshift team of duds. Give de Zerbi this team and the pressures around it and I guarentee you he wouldn't have them playing like Brighton

Exactly. People think it's FIFA or Football Manager.

Brighton have been so well ran - I didn't think they'd miss Potter because he was a symptom of a well drilled/ran club.

I think he's lucky that we're in an awful mess otherwise the majority of fans would want him out with this style of football. If we were comfortable in midtable how long could you put up with watching that week in week out.
He wouldn't be here if we weren't in an awful mess tbf

And if was, he'd be doing better than now. Imagine trying to manage this basket case of a club that's getting loans to stay afloat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back