2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
To lose twice to Luton at home is grim like, but c'mon... context.

Without that deduction, we're sitting comfortable in 12th and 2 points below Newcastle.

This season was all about staying in the league and he's been getting the results to do that.
We have and he’s done a good job definitely over achieved but now the thread bare squad is starting to show and fall apart only so many times you can go into battle and keep going with limited resources.

Playing two lump centre forwards together will never work.

Most of the time 442 works with two mobile strikers, DCL tries to be but isn’t quick enough and Beto’s hold up play is there but he doesn’t have much else
I tend to agree. He'd had some success with Barnes and Wood at Burnley but these two didn't look right either today or the last match against Luton. Would have preferred to see Dobbin or Danjuma play the second striker role.

Gutted about today and a bit concerned with our current form. The team have got to knuckle down pick up points and get ourselves safe because based on today no one is going to help us out of it. VAR is an obomination but we didn’t deserve anything from the game even though there were some awful decisions that went against us. Beto been absolutely manned handled in the area was incredible then winning a foul outside the box. We are thin on the ground at the minute would like to see Dobbin and Danjuma get some game time and Harrison and McNeil freshening up and getting back to their old energy levels. I’m hoping Doucoure and Gomes get back too we need every player we can get for the rest of the season.

We played into their hands really. Their centre backs had a very easy time against our big 2 strikers. The cost for us was being light in midfield and they ran the game there.
No surprise that Harrison and mcneil were also very poor in the 4-4-2.

It wasn't the ideal game to try a 4-4-2, it was the ideal game to try somebody in the dacoure role. If it didn't work, then go 2 up top for last 20-25 minutes.

This is you since full time.;

I've simply stated the fella should have us sat comfortably in 12th, which fans would have snapped hands off for in the summer.

Sure, criticise - today was grim but in my opinion, its way over the top and lets keep some context.
The context is that I dont believe he would have got the Everton job if it wasn't for all the mismanagement off the field. That's why I don't see him as the calibre needed to manage Everton. But we are where we are and that's not Dyche's fault.

Today is totally dreadful. He sent out a team that weren't well drilled and didn't know what they were doing. It's not unfair criticism. We were playing Luton not Liverpool, and to lose twice at home in 4 months, entirely due to set pieces, is entirely on the manager for me

I just thoroughly don't enjoy watching Everton play. I'm disillusioned and there's no sign of things getting better. In fact I'm pretty sure it gets worse before it ever gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back