2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club is a complete clown car at the minute. When we get some relative stability though (owners with a plan, no FFP worries), we absolutely need to hire, and stick with, a progressive manager.
This is the policy which has landed us in the mess we are.
Hire a manager, back him in the market, sack him and team at enormous expense and do it repeatedly.

Dyche is doing a great job in horrible circumstances, if the situation improves then he deserves a shot at that.

A bigger worry for Everton imo is that job he is doing in difficult circumstances is being noted in football circles and someone may try to tempt him away.

Finding a manager to do better in our circumstances would be a challenge.

This thread=

“Our squad is poor, we’re skint, we’ve been deducted 10 points. I’d be happy to stay in the league.”

“Guardiola has five league titles.”

And repeat until the end of time….

IMG_7883.webp

Defensive managers bring diminishing returns in this era of football (from Mourinho to Benitez and Allardyce)

It’s not just Pep and Klopp that play front foot attacking football - I’m thinking of Ange, Arteta, Emery, Howe, De Zerbi.. we could have hired at least 3 of those in recent years.

I’m not saying sack Dyche. I’m saying Dyche will get sacked at some point, and when he does, we absolutely need a manager of this type.

Dyche will get himself sacked eventually. Sorry to break that to you.

After stability, you need progression, or what is the point.
but after a decade of decline Dyche is moving us the opposite way with the tool available to him.
Progression can only be talked about when investment is available.
Most managers will get sacked eventually, but also if there was a manager excelling more than us with this squad, better finance teams will be looking to take them off our hands.
Sorry to break it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back