2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stability is progress for the current situation, but it needs improvements long term, and Dyche is very unlikely to be that man.

I.e. if we're 10th this year - progress. 10th next year - stability. 10th the year after with the same play/game management/results as the previous year? Stagnation.
What if the finances are still improving though? It might be dull for the fans but 4/5 years of mid table finishes might be what it takes to financially reset the club.

What if the finances are still improving though? It might be dull for the fans but 4/5 years of mid table finishes might be what it takes to financially reset the club.
Reset to what ?
A club that continues to compete for nothing apart from survival , as we have done for the last 4 decades ?
Because , regardless of who the manager is , that is the only future on offer to us.
If that is the case , subjectively speaking , I’d prefer to watch us survive by at least attempting to play some form of entertaining football that attempts to honour what we once were.

Stability is progress for the current situation, but it needs improvements long term, and Dyche is very unlikely to be that man.

I.e. if we're 10th this year - progress. 10th next year - stability. 10th the year after with the same play/game management/results as the previous year? Stagnation.
Why 3 seasons? What's the markers of progress? Is it just league position? Style of play? Getting the wider house in order so we can spend and look to kick on?

Think it is more complex than you depict given our current mess.

Why 3 seasons? What's the markers of progress? Is it just league position? Style of play? Getting the wider house in order so we can spend and look to kick on?

Think it is more complex than you depict given our current mess.
Sure, it is, and it's based on assumptions on my part* - a better owner after this season and a bigger/calmer transfer window; when we go for pensioners and "EXPERIENCED" crap players and play the same dirge of an idealess one dimensional football (as teams will catch on as they already have even this season) - yeah, 10th for a third time won't be an improvement.

Dyche won't kick on, we all want it, it won't happen. He lacks the ability and is way, WAY too stubborn.

* I honestly don't want to waste 3 entire years of my life with Sean Dyche managing us and making us unwatchable.

Sure, it is, and it's based on assumptions on my part* - a better owner after this season and a bigger/calmer transfer window; when we go for pensioners and "EXPERIENCED" crap players and play the same dirge of an idealess one dimensional football (as teams will catch on as they already have even this season) - yeah, 10th for a third time won't be an improvement.

Dyche won't kick on, we all want it, it won't happen. He lacks the ability and is way, WAY too stubborn.

* I honestly don't want to waste 3 entire years of my life with Sean Dyche managing us and making us unwatchable.
Make it so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back