2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.

To counter that, every manager we have had has had 'PL experience' and it has gotten us absolutely nowhere, even when we had money. In general across the league (at all clubs) the best and most successful managers in more recent years have tended (not all) to come from abroad. I wouldn't sack Dyche now tbh it would be silly, not even sure Id do it in the summer either, but he isn't a long term manager for the club (imo) unless he changes his outlook and evolves the way he does things and I just don't see it with him somehow.

Worth mentioning that Dyche even said something similar himself in one of his early interviews. He contended that this club needed the foundations rebuilding and needed stability and that once all that was in place, we might actually be better served with someone else - I've paraphrased that, but the point being that he said himself that he thinks he's a good fit for the situation we've found ourselves in and I tend to agree. He'll be here another couple of years yet.

Defensive managers bring diminishing returns in this era of football (from Mourinho to Benitez and Allardyce)

It’s not just Pep and Klopp that play front foot attacking football - I’m thinking of Ange, Arteta, Emery, Howe, De Zerbi.. we could have hired at least 3 of those in recent years.

I’m not saying sack Dyche. I’m saying Dyche will get sacked at some point, and when he does, we absolutely need a manager of this type.
Better players on higher wages is the biggest indicator for league performance. Progressive manager you talk of have an abundance of better players than us

Does it really?

Branthwaite gets his last minute equalizer this week and whilst everyone is up celebrating you are sat in your seat saying "A rabona into the top corner would have been better" or something?

Goals are goals.

No bit seeing a goal that actually created with a nice pass or skill would be nice .

I would imagine when we start to be ran properly and can actually afford new players, that we start to consider players that can actually pass the ball. I know its a new concept, but lets dream :)

I’m not sure he would … I’m not sure he knows how to manage/coach that style of football tbh.

Serious question and not having a dog at dyche .

Is there much difference between him and fat Sam in terms of style and achievements?

I can’t see many tbh

And we have it straight back 209 of those times
Exactly
When you are in possession you have the opportunity to control the tempo and direction of the game.
The main reason that statistic is so high is because we are out of possession and constantly firefighting.
We habitually surrender the initiative and consequently exert limited direct influence over games.
It’s the tactic lower league clubs utilise against higher quality teams in cup competitions.
Personally I find it extremely tedious to watch.
But each to their own.

Exactly
When you are in possession you have the opportunity to control the tempo and direction of the game.
The main reason that statistic is so high is because we are out of possession and constantly firefighting.
We habitually surrender the initiative and consequently exert limited direct influence over games.
It’s the tactic lower league clubs utilise against higher quality teams in cup competitions.
Personally I find it extremely tedious to watch.
But each to their own.

I agree .

The only reason we can intercept the ball that many times is because we are constantly watching the other team have it and are constantly chasing them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back