2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure he would … I’m not sure he knows how to manage/coach that style of football tbh.

He definitely doesn’t. When Burnley won the Championship under him they were 18th for possession.

It’s becoming increasingly difficult to play this way in the Prem though because the game has changed at the top level. 20 years ago a team having 70% possession in a game was unheard of.

I don’t think there will be any managers playing the way Dyche does in the Prem in 10 years.

But when they have the ball we cannot create anything… our lack of possession and quality is a massive reason to why we are not winning enough games

We had more shots against Brighton (on and off target) than they did with only 20% possession

1707404043510.webp

It's not our lack of possession that's why we're not winning enough games, it's the fact we struggle to hit a barn door.

He definitely doesn’t. When Burnley won the Championship under him they were 18th for possession.

It’s becoming increasingly difficult to play this way in the Prem though because the game has changed at the top level. 20 years ago a team having 70% possession in a game was unheard of.

I don’t think there will be any managers playing the way Dyche does in the Prem in 10 years.

As long as there are teams intent on having 70% possession in games there’ll always be managers who look for ways to win with 30% possession.

But when they have the ball we cannot create anything… our lack of possession and quality is a massive reason to why we are not winning enough games

Chance creation has not been a problem for Everton since Dyche came in, chance conversion on the other hand...

At the end of the day, we need a few seasons of established competence before we look to evolve the playing style, first become competent (last season since Dyche came in), then get competitive (as we have been this season, we seldom give anyone an easy game), then get consistent (we consistently create chances but we need a few seasons at least comfortably mid-table, stop losing at home to crap teams etc...), then and only then, can we realistically look to evolve beyond what we are at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back