2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please. The guy had good ideas but couldn’t implement them. We were clueless in and relied on players like Richarlison to carry the load in attack. No structure whatsoever. Poor leader.

Dyche is about the opposite. Able to implement his idea (singular) unable/unwilling to change. That’s fine when it works but when it doesn’t, here we are. And again, I don’t think this group of players can realistically play any other way, but he needs to change it or we’ll be in the Championship.
I would have much preferred to keep Lampard than bring in Dyche

It takes time to implement something when a club is in such a mess. Yes results weren't good enough last season but I don't believe we are any better off having sacked Lampard

I think the stats over the last three months would suggest otherwise there mate.
Which manager would take this group of players and get better results? One that would take this job?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not defending the guy, he’s the manager and responsible for results.

We’ve asked for possession and we’ve gotten it the past few matches. And half of these guys can’t complete a 5 yard pass.

Please. The guy had good ideas but couldn’t implement them. We were clueless in defense and relied on players like Richarlison to carry the load in attack. No structure whatsoever. Poor leader.

Dyche is about the opposite. Able to implement his idea (singular) unable/unwilling to change. That’s fine when it works but when it doesn’t, here we are. And again, I don’t think this group of players can realistically play any other way, but he needs to change it or we’ll be in the Championship.

Lampard had money to spend, attacking players like Richarlison & Gordon and an owner/board in place.

Dyche has had little funds to invest, has had points deductions with another load on their way, no real attacking quality to rely upon & stuck with no leadership from the top.

The Lampard fanboys continue to make themselves look silly. If our attacking players did their job this season and our 6 points were rightly handed back, we would be out of sight of the bottom three.

Context please.

It takes time to implement something when a club is in such a mess. Yes results weren't good enough last season but I don't believe we are any better off having sacked Lampard

we had a board then that’s why he got sacked

we don’t have a board now …

they’res the answer

We would be a mid table Championship club right now if Lampard was kept.

He was completely out of his depth. At no point in his career has he been a competent premier league manager.

Which manager would take this group of players and get better results? One that would take this job?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not defending the guy, he’s the manager and responsible for results.

We’ve asked for possession and we’ve gotten it the past few matches. And half of these guys can’t complete a 5 yard pass.
Hes got the whole team playing in slow motion.

And im sorry, ive said it before, but a traffic cone could have won a game in the last 3 months.

What is he bringing to the club?

Lampard had money to spend, attacking players like Richarlison & Gordon and an owner/board in place.

Dyche has had little funds to invest, has had points deductions with another load on their way, no real attacking quality to rely upon & stuck with no leadership from the top.

The Lampard fanboys continue to make themselves look silly. If our attacking players did their job this season and our 6 points were rightly handed back, we would be out of sight of the bottom three.

Context please.

i agree with some but as of now right this
minute we’re going

I mean, this was never an option was it. Just because Dyche is an abysmal manager and has been all his career doesn’t mean that keeping Lampard was ever a realistic solution.

We would be a mid table Championship club right now if Lampard was kept.

He was completely out of his depth. At no point in his career has he been a competent premier league manager.
His first season at Chelsea was absolutely fine

He was a much better fit for us than Dyche anyway.

The season Lampard kept us up actually had everyone pulling in the same direction and the club felt like it had the opportunity to start building something again

The fact we weren't able to build on that last season was down to the lack of leadership off the field rather than down to lampard IMO.

Is that the only argument the defence team has left now? What manager would do better? That post alone nevermind the results is further evidence that Dyche needs to get a taxi out of Goodison asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back