2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to stop being the shill for the board but it appears that's exactly what he agreed to be when he joined. He'll never publicly put pressure on them to strengthen his team, it'll always be "we know the situation", "the market is difficult" and his latest one "we don't have pots of gold". You very, very rarely hear managers defending their board in that way especially when they're being so let down and having fans pile a lot of the blame on their (manager's) shoulders.

In Dyche's defence - and he does have one - we've so far been four starting XI players down, with Coleman, McNeil, Harrison and a striker not being available, could argue it's five players short if you think DCL and Beto could start together - that's half a team. We should at least have a striker ready for our next game, but there again he'll probably need six weeks to get 'Dyche fit' and pick up an injury in the process.

It's not being the shill for the board, it's that he knew the situation and all about the lack of money when he came in. As do everyone else.

He, as much as anyone, knows that change is needed at the top but if you expect him to start screaming and moaning about it publicly you're deluded.

What if Schumacher comes and isn't the answer, how much time do you give to him? We are a basket case that some want to turn into an even bigger one.

If we are rooted to the bottom Dyche will be gone by November, have no fear there.
I would give him all the time and support he needs.
Because at this point we are getting relegated.
If not this season then at some point soon.
All Dyche teams get relegated eventually because , in my opinion, his limited tactics and abilities are not sustainable for long in the PL and any small success will always be fleeting.
So why not appoint someone now who can take us in a direction that has at least a chance of success and which at the very least offers the chance of witnessing an Everton team trying to play football and use the midfield?
Even if we have to suffer relegation in the process.
A relegation I think will happen anyway under the current set up.
But don’t worry it won’t happen.
It’s far too brave a pathway to take for the cowards who run this football club.
The cowardly football this manager purveys complements the administration perfectly.
A marriage made in hell.

Look , I get it
Most supporters love Dyche
They buy into that whole muscular , run around a lot , play the channels , long punt, intelligence free, big lunk up front football.
I’ll just remember a time when Everton were known for playing intelligent and skill based football , much like most of the rest of the league does now.
But now we are reduced to clogging our way to safety under an extremely limited low scoring duffer.
What a dour future we have mapped out for our once great club.
Utterly depressing.

Goes back to reality and fantasy, what people want and what is actually real.

When you're not spending money and have had 2 years of relegation battles... thinking someone can come in and suddenly play a "modern" brand of football with the squad and it'll some how change our fortunes is fantasy land

You have to build a base in order to progress. Until this window closes, we'll have to see what base is being built.

Thelwell etc have let Dyche begin a season with a 38 year old left back, a loan, and academy players on the back of a team that survived relegation on the last day. And in 2 of these 3 games we should've won if the right recruitment was implemented.

Goes back to reality and fantasy, what people want and what is actually real.

When you're not spending money and have had 2 years of relegation battles... thinking someone can come in and suddenly play a "modern" brand of football with the squad and it'll some how change our fortunes is fantasy land

You have to build a base in order to progress. Until this window closes, we'll have to see what base is being built.

Thelwell etc have let Dyche begin a season with a 38 year old left back, a loan, and academy players on the back of a team that survived relegation on the last day. And in 2 of these 3 games we should've won if the right recruitment was implemented.
When you start building a base it has to be designed to support the structure that’s being built on it , you don’t change it to something different or it risks collapse.
Likewise if we build a base to support the Dyche version of football , that is the way we have to continue , regardless of the name on the managerial door , or we risk collapsing.
Personally not only do I find Dyche’s teams incredibly tedious to watch , I also don’t believe they will even guarantee survival in the PL let alone any chance of meaningful or sustained success.
So I would prefer we started building our base to support a more intelligent brand of football and to do that we need a new manager.
But it won’t happen
Because as a club we are utterly moribund, directionless and drifting towards oblivion.

When you start building a base it has to be designed to support the structure that’s being built on it , you don’t change it to something different or it risks collapse.
Likewise if we build a base to support the Dyche version of football , that is the way we have to continue , regardless of the name on the managerial door , or we risk collapsing.
Personally not only do I find Dyche’s teams incredibly tedious to watch , I also don’t believe they will even guarantee survival in the PL let alone any chance of meaningful or sustained success.
So I would prefer we started building our base to support a more intelligent brand of football and to do that we need a new manager.
But it won’t happen
Because as a club we are utterly moribund, directionless and drifting towards oblivion.

You build a functional side before implementing anything. The club is a mess that Dyche walked into and is finding a way. But until he's backed... you'll only get so much.

Again it's personal tastes isn't it? List the colourful array of managers we've had in the last 10 years including one of the best coaches in world football and you'll get....failure.

Regardless of managers, you need a base. We've not had one for a decade. We've stopped spending.

For what you're suggesting it would take multiple windows and a complete overhaul.

In fact, relegation is probably perfect for that to happen .

You build a functional side before implementing anything. The club is a mess that Dyche walked into and is finding a way. But until he's backed... you'll only get so much.

Again it's personal tastes isn't it? List the colourful array of managers we've had in the last 10 years including one of the best coaches in world football and you'll get....failure.

Regardless of managers, you need a base. We've not had one for a decade. We've stopped spending.

For what you're suggesting it would take multiple windows and a complete overhaul.

In fact, relegation is probably perfect for that to happen .
Well relegation is where we are currently headed , on the fast track .
So perfect opportunity for a realignment is already here .
The sooner we begin the better we will be .

I would give him all the time and support he needs.
Because at this point we are getting relegated.
If not this season then at some point soon.
All Dyche teams get relegated eventually because , in my opinion, his limited tactics and abilities are not sustainable for long in the PL and any small success will always be fleeting.
So why not appoint someone now who can take us in a direction that has at least a chance of success and which at the very least offers the chance of witnessing an Everton team trying to play football and use the midfield?
Even if we have to suffer relegation in the process.
A relegation I think will happen anyway under the current set up.
But don’t worry it won’t happen.
It’s far too brave a pathway to take for the cowards who run this football club.
The cowardly football this manager purveys complements the administration perfectly.
A marriage made in hell.

If only that were true. Well okay you might give him time but like this season 3 defeats on the bounce people will be sharpening the knives and you'll see things banded around like 'untested at this level' and 'too big a job'. The constant flux of this club is what has put us in this situation, the media twist the knife in more because it is in their interest to turn ourselves against each other. The annual Everton manager sacking and hunt gives them more stories, more clicks so they have every reason to print negative narratives and whip the fans into a frenzy, even though we are only 3 games into a season.

It's far from ideal don't get me wrong, but plenty of times we have lost three on the bounce. This just means we have to make the points up by having one less of those runs mid season. On that basis it is impossible to say we are getting relegated this season as it stands, we've seen sides come back from way further. I think we ourselves had 4 points until the 1st of November the season Royle took over.

If the gap to safety becomes 9 points then I'll start worrying and probably say his time is up. Until then keep the faith that with the new players (likely we have a whole new front 3 after the international break) we'll be OK.

Pulling yer leg Bud, don't mind me. Got a couple of mates who are battle hardened veteran Stoke season ticket holders. Have tagged along to a few games with them, especially Everton ones. Sound fanbase by and large.

What brings you to a discussion about Dyche and Everton's woes?
My wife's side are all blue and was kind of forced to follow them to a degree 🤣. Must admit that it was a struggle at first after you nicked Inchy , Brace and Beagrie off us. Took me a few years to get over them.
Been to a few games at Goodison and think you're a decent bunch, who have always made me welcome. My wife's cousin also used to play for you and unfortunately fell out of favour under Moyes. He's now at Plymouth doing a tremendous job.
Can't stand Liverpool either for lots of reasons. Anyway, hope Everton pick up soon because believe me, it's a big task getting out of the championship.

He's going for Frank de Boers record at palace isn't he.
On 26 June 2017, De Boer was announced as the new manager of Premier League side Crystal Palace, replacing Sam Allardyce. He signed a three-year deal with the South London club,[50][51] but was sacked 10 weeks later when Palace lost their first four league matches of the season without scoring a single goal – the first team in 93 years to have begun a top-flight season in such a fashion.

It’s time we actually showed some vision and direction and appointed a manager whose tactics reflect the realities of modern football and who has exhibited some degree of in-game management.
Because at the moment we are as directionless and moribund with this manager as we have ever been.
Unfortunately we do not have players that can play the modern way effectively

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back