2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barring any injuries he will start with what we had last year I can’t say anymore than that o and it will be the same tatic boooooooom ball up dom nobody near him we lose the ball they have a shot rinse and repeat long season ahead

they’ve been a well run
club mate that’s why
No they haven’t, they were in as much financial trouble as us at one point, they were on the brink just before being taken over, they got took over by people who have a plan and the finances to back it up, we got took over by the Iranian Vincent Tan, stop making stuff up

Yup, he's inflexible at worst and pragmatic at best, he drills them in a very specific way of playing - aimed it seems at not getting mullered by good teams away and keeps the same philosophy v poorer teams too.

That's why I'm certainly not fan of Dyche, it's frustrating as hell to watch at times, but equally I got way more frustrated watching us in Bobbies last season getting torn apart being wide open as well, or Lampard (shudder)

I agree , bobby passing for passings sake , teams seeming to score at will whenever they had a set piece against Silva , lampard team being split open by a simple long ball, koeman not caring etc.

I get it and dyche has made us a lot more solid than any of them. But we should always be looking to improve and I have almost accepted that apart from an FA cup and possible European qualification, I am unlikely to see any “ success” in my life time .

I was to watch decent players playing football in an entertaining way and dyche ball is very hard to watch

No mate, Villa got Emery when they were flirting relegation with us.

They didnt hire someone to keep them up, they hired someone to move them away from it.

Weve hired some one experienced in floating above the relegation zone, that's the difference.
True enough, but their credit card wasn’t maxed out, debit card swallowed by the cash machine two seasons ago and Paypal pay in 3 facility withdrawn, when the office milk bill didn’t get paid.

Only Doug and Dinsdale Piranha willing to lend money, at extortionate rates, to keep the club (barely) afloat.

It’s the manager’s fault we’re garbage ‘tho ?
1722554717696.jpeg

I was to watch decent players playing football in an entertaining way and dyche ball is very hard to watch
I agree
I still think he is the right man for a tough job and it's worth grinning and baring it for another while. He still has credit in the bank for me even if a lot of his methods annoy me. A lot of other managers would've thrown their toys out with what he's put up with tbf

Besides 5 1-0 wins on the bounce at home is both ugly and a thing of beauty
For the first time in a while I'm hearing other fans call Everton away a tough game. That's worth something

I agree , bobby passing for passings sake , teams seeming to score at will whenever they had a set piece against Silva , lampard team being split open by a simple long ball, koeman not caring etc.

I get it and dyche has made us a lot more solid than any of them. But we should always be looking to improve and I have almost accepted that apart from an FA cup and possible European qualification, I am unlikely to see any “ success” in my life time .

Mostly I agree mate, sometimes the way we set up and play it doesn't frustrate me, just sometimes the execution does though.

Few examples, Arsenal away, United at home - we finish the chances we had v united it goes down as a very enjoyable game - we don't and the obvious happens, Arsenal we simply hit robbed by a woeful ref, the home derby, o e of the most enjoyable games in a long time - because we executed well at the top end. Chelsea at home another of those.

Even some of the performances early season we lost or drew - if we finish a host of sitters we win comfortably using a tactic that exposed the opponents weaknesses to the counter etc.

So if we could finish even averagely we likely finish top 9 last season.

The issue is though he sets that way up against absolutely everyone no matter who they are or how they play. He's loathe to make any changes before 70 - usually 80 minutes in unless injuries, and very rarely changes the shape in a game - even when patently it's not working or someone's having an utter mare out there.

Is that because he doesn't have the options or he worries the players will if changing style or system will lose the cohesion and drilling needed to go and play like that say in the derby etc, I'm unsure, I lean towards it's just Dyche and he's a limited although effective one coach system of play.

Hope I'm wrong because having the plus points of a Dyche side who can then develop into playing more front foot footy when needed would be a great combination, but I doubt I am, it's why ultimately Dyche isn't an elite manager - the ones who are adaptable are.

In the end I see Dyche as very much on a similar level to Moyes as a coach, both have their ceiling, both have very obvious strengths but undermined by adherence to what those strengths are as coaches even when they need to do something different.

Take Moyes, ten years of going away to any sky six side and playing the exact same way, even though it literally NEVER worked at any period of time. It was almost like a defeat without getting hammered so keeping morale for the next game was worth more than going for a result and risking a beating which would then impact morale for the next 'winnable' match.

Reactions: JLW
Mostly I agree mate, sometimes the way we set up and play it doesn't frustrate me, just sometimes the execution does though.

Few examples, Arsenal away, United at home - we finish the chances we had v united it goes down as a very enjoyable game - we don't and the obvious happens, Arsenal we simply hit robbed by a woeful ref, the home derby, o e of the most enjoyable games in a long time - because we executed well at the top end. Chelsea at home another of those.

Even some of the performances early season we lost or drew - if we finish a host of sitters we win comfortably using a tactic that exposed the opponents weaknesses to the counter etc.

So if we could finish even averagely we likely finish top 9 last season.

The issue is though he sets that way up against absolutely everyone no matter who they are or how they play. He's loathe to make any changes before 70 - usually 80 minutes in unless injuries, and very rarely changes the shape in a game - even when patently it's not working or someone's having an utter mare out there.

Is that because he doesn't have the options or he worries the players will if changing style or system will lose the cohesion and drilling needed to go and play like that say in the derby etc, I'm unsure, I lean towards it's just Dyche and he's a limited although effective one coach system of play.

Hope I'm wrong because having the plus points of a Dyche side who can then develop into playing more front foot footy when needed would be a great combination, but I doubt I am, it's why ultimately Dyche isn't an elite manager - the ones who are adaptable are.
The Spanish national team could adapt in the Euro's tactically because they had the players to do so, but also, all were geared to play as a team and knew their job on the field.

Their players had the chances and the confidence to finish them. They were still lucky to get past the Germans and with the players who hit the ground running coming in for those injured.

An enjoyable team to watch with various styles of play which is down to a good manager getting the best from his resources.

Let's hope Sean was taking notes.

I often wonder how influenced the likes of Moyes and Dyche were by watching Clough manage, Clough teams demanded that intensity and leaving everything out there attitude, they played defensively on the counter a kit even v inferior teams and at home.

But they missed the nuances that Clough trusted his CBs, had overlapping fullbacks and they countered on the ground or long switching cross field balls, still remember the rumour that he fined players besides the keeper who punted it long in training (may be an old wives tail), so they get the idea behind Clough ball, but miss the thing that actually made it work so effectively.

The Spanish national team could adapt in the Euro's tactically because they had the players to do so, but also, all were geared to play as a team and knew their job on the field.

Their players had the chances and the confidence to finish them. They were still lucky to get past the Germans and with the players who hit the ground running coming in for those injured.

An enjoyable team to watch with various styles of play which is down to a good manager getting the best from his resources.

Let's hope Sean was taking notes.

Thing is, I look at the side we have, unless we go to a back three we simply don't have the fullbacks to play more proactive, we don't have the wingers to play a true counter attack game which doesn't involve a punt up top and rush.

Is that cos Dyche doesn't want that he's happy with how it is, or is it due to resources. Nobody truly knows for sure.

But say he had the Babies, Coleman version that Moyes had, with the CBs we have would be still being sitting in a low block with the fullbacks instructed to hold their positions and never get forward....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.