2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree on Moyes mate, i think ultimately he took the club as far as he could within the limits at the time - we spent three years hitting the glass window because of the limits at the club at the time, with a good team and every year patching up our trousers having to sell our best players as they got fed up hitting the glass ceiling - ultimately he went the same way. His time at Utd wasn't what he hoped - but that and the Arsenal jobs were always poisoned chalices after Ferguson and Wenger in Gen 1 in my opinion. Happen to know the problems at Sunderland were deep - so i dont read too much into his time there and at WHU he did exactly there what he did here and built a club, via Europe and a trophy he did a wonderful job - the clubs revenue has grown hugely now and he's made 10s of millions for them if not more - that what i mean by building a club - some manager can do it on and off the pitch - WHU are absolutely thick to let him go, stupid!

You see the rest of the argument in moot mate in my opinion - i dont want Potter, i dont think hes a patch on Dyche, Potter is a coach, Dyche is a football manager, Potter would get eaten up and spat out at a club like this. What has Potter done in football to compare to Dyche recovering and building clubs - thus far in his career. I dont know where the ceiling is with Dyche - at Burnley he got Europe - what could he do at a bigger club..........but i think hes earned that opportunity.

Why? because i see building, i see a change in culture, i see stability, i see consistency, i see confidence, i see the club being run well, i see standards being set - i see someone who leads the vanguard of the team, take responsibility and represent this club with dignity, i see results coming that under other managers are losses, i see the best being gotten from players, i see young players being given chances, i see getting the best out of previous discarded assets and improved individual player performances, i see incremental improvement, i see a humble, fair, straight, honest but strong leader take responsibility and represent this club with dignity, when the clubs reputation is taking a battering in the toughest of times - i see him not hiding as others have and do or blame others. Not in a million years would i want to swap that for the Potters of this world.

Hes earned his chance to take this club forward for a good number of years in my opinion regardless of what happens off the pitch takeovers. I really believe he can rebuild this club.

Well said

You do realise ‘entertainment’ is actually the reason football exists.
Football only exists to provide , as you would put it , ‘entertainment’.
As a neutral, I would watch Brighton in preference to Everton because currently Brighton are able to fulfil the remit of actually being an ‘entertaining’ football team.

Yes and entertainment as not a neutral is about your team getting better results.

Sorry but I'd rather watch Dyche ball than watch say us trying to play like Barca and going down.

Football is about results in the end, Martinez first season was way more 'neutral friendly' than watching the dogs of war was, which did I enjoy more - 95' every day of the week.

I'd rather watch Dyche grind out a season and say sneaking a European spot (as he did at Burnley) than watching us be 'entertaining' and fighting relegation come the end of the season.

IF, IF we can get a decent midfielder in, the squad is probably better than last season.

Im not expecting much, just staying mid-table all season will do.

Over to you Gaffer.

Yes and entertainment as not a neutral is about your team getting better results.

Sorry but I'd rather watch Dyche ball than watch say us trying to play like Barca and going down.

Football is about results in the end, Martinez first season was way more 'neutral friendly' than watching the dogs of war was, which did I enjoy more - 95' every day of the week.

I'd rather watch Dyche grind out a season and say sneaking a European spot (as he did at Burnley) than watching us be 'entertaining' and fighting relegation come the end of the season.

Wonder if we asked both sets of fans at the Amex after Brighton 1 Everton 5 who would say they enjoyed it more? Maybe it might be Brighton fans due to some pleasing passing patterns.

Wonder if we asked both sets of fans at the Amex after Brighton 1 Everton 5 who would say they enjoyed it more? Maybe it might be Brighton fans due to some pleasing passing patterns.

Bang on the money, my weekend doesn't improve if we play open attacking footy and get beat, tell you what though after the derby it did, playing defensive physical 'unattractive' footy.

Or, you could ask the more reasonable question of which set of fans preferred that season's performances better, rather than one team's worst performance and one team's best performance of that season.

You regularly try to present yourself as a neutral on Sean Dyche but then propagandise with nonsense like this.

Or, you could ask the more reasonable question of which set of fans preferred that season's performances better, rather than one team's worst performance and one team's best performance of that season.

You regularly try to present yourself as a neutral on Sean Dyche but then propagandise with nonsense like this.
Its good cherrypicking information.

I remember when we scored against Newcastle and put a 30 pass move together, like prime Brazil.

The other 37 games though, not so much

Its good cherrypicking information.

I remember when we scored against Newcastle and put a 30 pass move together, like prime Brazil.

The other 37 games though, not so much
Deffo a training ground drill that, just couldnt do it for the other 37 games where the 30 pass move broke down after 4 passes.

Which is fair enough.
We have differing expectations.
I expect a football side to attempt football not to restrict it.
I expect all sporting endeavour to aspire to be the best.
Sitting down for two hours watching the football equivalent of paint drying is not only tedious it is soul destroying,
And I’m coming to the realisation that there may actually be better ways to spend my money and precious leisure time.
Has to improve this season.

When have I ever said I’m a neutral on Dyche? I obviously think he’s the correct manager for Everton at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back