2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we were poor we were still attempting to play football.

Martinez's 3 years represent a golden era compared with the last few years at this club.

Only an utter 'kin plank would see it any other way.
7xmiiv.webp

Apologies for going on a wind up. I was only truly trying to highlight the sky sports programme for Dave, and I found no Bobby thread.

Part of me thinks that we should be patient as we’re in dire straights and changing managers every season isn’t helping, and expensive to settle. But then the other part of me thinks I never want to see an Everton manager not under enormous pressure when losing 3 games on the bounce.

The fans have been supportive and staunch, they’ve carried terrible Evertons over the line to prevent relegation. Just would be nice to see a manager who galvanises the support and fans given a break from continual disappointment and anxiety.

We'd be better off having kept Martinez. I know I'll get pelters for this but I wanted to give him time.
We would have been better off yes. It was the start of the Moshiri/Usmanov revolving door to the managers office.

Having said that, his idea of defense was to keep the ball, and while those players are much better than the ones we have now, it’s a strategy that would have required much, much better players to break into the champions league.

We would have been better off yes. It was the start of the Moshiri/Usmanov revolving door to the managers office.

Having said that, his idea of defense was to keep the ball, and while those players are much better than the ones we have now, it’s a strategy that would have required much, much better players to break into the champions league.
But you said it yourself there - with him you at least felt like there was a high ceiling. And I'm not using this as a stick to beat Dyche with. I think he's the right man for the job as it is right now. But the very, very best case scenario with him is probably 8th placed finishes.

Part of me thinks that we should be patient as we’re in dire straights and changing managers every season isn’t helping, and expensive to settle. But then the other part of me thinks I never want to see an Everton manager not under enormous pressure when losing 3 games on the bounce.

The fans have been supportive and staunch, they’ve carried terrible Evertons over the line to prevent relegation. Just would be nice to see a manager who galvanises the support and fans given a break from continual disappointment and anxiety.

We've become what Moshiri has created.

But you said it yourself there - with him you at least felt like there was a high ceiling. And I'm not using this as a stick to beat Dyche with. I think he's the right man for the job as it is right now. But the very, very best case scenario with him is probably 8th placed finishes.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Dyche is the man for the job long term. 8th would be a fever dream.

If Romelu Lukaku (even the current version) was on this team to start the season, we’d have at least 6 points.

Dyche led Burnley to a 7th place finish with players we’d all feel are inferior to whatever standard we hold ourselves to. I’m not sure 8th is really the ceiling.

But the squad needs much better players, just like Martinez needed at Wigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back