2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not impressed last season? We had 15 points on February 1st and we looked dead and buried. How the fook we stayed up without a fit forward is beyond me...
I’m not rehashing last season again, it’s been talked about enough.

I’ve literally come in to say he has done a good job these last few games. I’m glad he has and hope he continues to do so to prove that I was wrong.

I wasn't sure about playing Keane in a three but it all clicked well tonight. Great to see Onana and Ghana in midfield and they did well. Plenty of energy from Harrisson and DCL took his goal well. All round good performance; I'd say better than Brentford.

Well done Dyche, signs of a corner being turned.

Everton have been diabolical away for as long as I can remember. Only lost 2 in our last 12 now under Dyche (I’m not counting Arsenal away and Liverpool Away last season, his first 2 away games coming in to the club), give him some credit because who was the last Everton manager to get us that solid away from home?
P 12 W4 D 6 L2 F21 A19.
Give the man some props

Perfect performance.

-Rotated well and won with a new formation away from home against a good side. 3 at the back is viable?

-Tested the Garner/Onana partnership (was fantastic and should be the pairing going forward with Harrison healthy)

-Integrated Harrison well and got him up to speed instantly

-DCL looked as graceful as he ever looked and pressed well. Lovely finish

-Whole team pressed well

-Only gave away a complete fluke of a goal and got to see our team under pressure (they didn’t crack).

-Was creative with Keane allowing him to join in the attack on the right quite a bit. Didn’t just stick him in the backline and call it a day

-Gave support for Patterson and Myko to get down the field.

Very very good. One of our most important games I feel because we got a lot of information out of it.
Yeah, there’s an awful lot of positives. A manager that some were calling for sacking a week ago could’ve been forgiven for chucking out a weak side and resting the better players for the league but instead he’s learned a lot about the team AND given the fans a bit of hope of a cup run when we desperately need some optimism.

Yeah, there’s an awful lot of positives. A manager that some were calling for sacking a week ago could’ve been forgiven for chucking out a weak side and resting the better players for the league but instead he’s learned a lot about the team AND given the fans a bit of hope of a cup run when we desperately need some optimism.
He could not have had a better day. He just got it right. A good manager can rotate, change things and win. Part of the criticism about him was that his sides couldn’t score goals (and those concerns were justified) but he is finding solutions. I think the biggest positive about Dyche is he is very willing to try things. He was rewarded today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back