2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should be gone in the morning. There is no good reason for keeping him now.
It surely isn't beyond the wit of this club to get someone in who can get this shower to perform at a mediocre level.
What we've seen in recent months is unacceptable.
The players we have are not the best, but they were good enough to beat Arsenal last season, to hammer Brighton away last season, to beat Brentford and Villa last week. If the players were genuinely 'not good enough', then they couldn't have pulled off those results. The key is getting this group to perform well consistently. Dyche has clearly tried and failed.
Mate you've just proved a point there. Every win that you've listed that lists the players as good enough is games where were not expected to have possession.

No point sacking him with all the issues with the takeover. Let the takeover get done first. Luton and Sheffield are so crap that Everton can still back themselves to get out of the relegation quagmire in the January window.

No point sacking him with all the issues with the takeover. Let the takeover get done first. Luton and Sheffield are so crap that Everton can still back themselves to get out of the relegation quagmire in the January window.
Could be too far adrift and be the third team then though.

People will have every right to disagree with me here but I think we'll be okay this season, but that's more out of thinking there are definitely 3 worse teams rather than it being anything positive about us.

So on that basis, I wouldn't sack Dyche. The boom and bust cycle has to end.

If there is a genuine turnaround then I think we should try to build on that stability.That said, if we merely hobble to 16th/17th again then I'd part ways in the summer. Hopefully in that scenario 777 have brought in someone like Don Dransfield or Johannes Spor identify the next manager well in advance and we actually have a succession plan in place rather than just bin dipping the pool of available managers like we usually do.

People will have every right to disagree with me here but I think we'll be okay this season, but that's more out of thinking there are definitely 3 worse teams rather than it being anything positive about us.

So on that basis, I wouldn't sack Dyche. The boom and bust cycle has to end.

If there is a genuine turnaround then I think we should try to build on that stability.That said, if we merely hobble to 16th/17th again then I'd part ways in the summer. Hopefully in that scenario 777 have brought in someone like Don Dransfield or Johannes Spor identify the next manager well in advance and we actually have a succession plan in place rather than just bin dipping the pool of available managers like we usually do.

I don’t understand the “definitely 3 worse teams” thing going around when we’ve failed to beat 2 of them already.

Dyche's overall record is par for the course given the state of the club. But those Sheffield United and Luton results are massively damaging. These are two of the three teams we MUST finish ahead of. Bournemouth look like being our Burnley insurance policy. Therefore, we really need to be beating them next week or Dyche's position is untenable - even to those who recognise the dysfunction he has to deal with.

They are out in force alright. Look at these 3 beauts on social media responding to his abysmal record so far.

OP

Some of Bills Cheerleaders

Can't believe people are still blaming the crowd. The crowd are just waiting for something to get behind but these players and the conservative tactics just don't give us anything. The second half performance yesterday deserves criticism - it was totally unacceptable and indefensible.

If these results happenned at any other club of our stature, there would be all sorts of protests and anger. Our fans are just apathetic more than anything and have a little boo at the end of a shocking defeat. If that's toxic then people have clearly not watched much football, and definitely not football in other countries.

There's no logical defence of his record. Other than hoping it somehow gets better, but I don't think that's particularly rational thinking when we have a manager who has barely put a run of wins together in his career at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back