2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you rightly wanted the previous manager chased for such results, so what is making you want to so passionately defend this manager? Is it just because he isn’t Lampard and you went a bit early with your adulation for him?
It probably is a lot of bias, ye. I was too harsh on Lampard now that I can see that every smaller team that comes to goodison just follows a blueprint to beat us.

My worry is the lack of clean sheets and draws, if it was dour football that got results that would be fine to stabilise us...but we aren't,hmmm

Allardyce - 26 games 38.5% win rate
Dyche - 27 games 29.6 win rate

Allardyce was infinity better than Dyche at getting us organised. If the club wanted to get someone in to fully make sure we were stable until we're in the new stadium then they should have got Sam back in.

The starting line up yesterday consisted of 5 as of Southampton.

We also brought on Harrison, Danjuma and Beto; so 9 different players

It’s a different team with an awful tactician at the helm
I was saying the same for Lampard last season mate with all of his new signings. Saying it was a different team. I was too harsh on Lampard because I didn't like him as a person

Yes mate. I think we should appoint a manager that can come up with a system to beat this blueprint, because it’s their job as a football manager.
And because of recent history, I don't trust us to do that. I'm at the stage now where I want this cycle broken. We're a Burnley level team now and it's time to roll with the punches.

When he says about a nervousness at Goodison affecting the result it gives food for thought. Everton seem to play better away from Goodison so might there be something in it?
Yes of course, but as he has also said, the playing and coaching staff are the only ones who can change that.

This is why he and they are paid the big bucks.

It says to me that he’s got a maximum of 4 weeks left in the job. It’s the death rattle for Everton managers, when they start blaming the home crowd.
If a few Everton and indeed opposition managers mention how Goodison can negatively effect Everton might there be something in it? Personally I think it’s down to the players to show intent and purpose to get the crowd going.

And because of recent history, I don't trust us to do that. I'm at the stage now where I want this cycle broken. We're a Burnley level team now and it's time to roll with the punches.

Not for me mate, sorry. I think we’d struggle to appoint a worse manager than this fella. I genuinely don’t think Steve Bruce would get much worse results than he’s been getting

“Knee jerk” though.

The knee jerkers are the people that fell over themselves in midweek because we’d won a couple of games. Those games were the anomalies.
Most of them seem very quiet now after going big midweek and calling out people who want him sacked, vaulting people and going on about how we’ve turned a corner and will get 6 points from Luton and Bournemouth.

Most of them seem very quiet now after going big midweek and calling out people who want him sacked, vaulting people and going on about how we’ve turned a corner and will get 6 points from Luton and Bournemouth.

Gotta a feeling it's more out of utter dejection in the face of an awful defeat at home to a god awful team more so than not wanting the face the music in this thread myself mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back