2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye he said that the nervousness around Goodison effected the players in his interview to the papers.
wow, everyone was pretty confident going into it, less so when we saw 3 in midfield again, first 15minutes was promising. The nervousness came because we went 0-2 down to a dreadful side with dreadful defending of set pieces, and a second half offering absolutely no threat whatsoever. There was very little anger and spite in the ground compared to recent times

Just as a caveat this was the league after 7 games last year, things can change quickly

Screenshot_20231001_113123_Chrome.webp

When he says about a nervousness at Goodison affecting the result it gives food for thought. Everton seem to play better away from Goodison so might there be something in it?
We were all pondering if Dyche was the guy to take us into BMD and in the process making us better, but Dyche pulled a fast one and made us so bad that he might just get us to play at Prenton Park citing extenuating circumstances. He'd make homelessness look acceptable and that is ingenious, and also deserves credit.

There's no way the xg should have been as high as it was for that game. The chances were all half chances. Dyche can't use it as saying we played well because frankly we didn't miss any clear cut chances, not like we did against Fulham. A few beto headers spring to mind but other than that the second half particularly was as bad as I've seen at Goodison

There's no way the xg should have been as high as it was for that game. The chances were all half chances. Dyche can't use it as saying we played well because frankly we didn't miss any clear cut chances, not like we did against Fulham. A few beto headers spring to mind but other than that the second half particularly was as bad as I've seen at Goodison
Exactly this
I generally like xG as a measurement tool but it has to be taken in context
10 x 0.1 goal chances is nowhere near as good as one tap in goal chance even though it would add up to higher xG

Having said that, there was a bit of poor decision making yesterday

On a boat in the med, so off grid on and off, for the lads that asked my thoughts:

Backing the manager beyond question! Kneejerking week to week, isn’t the clever play here. As I said in the week, highs, lows are all part of the process and it will be just that as opposed an event.

Proper football manager! ;)

I did think at the time that you and @Saint Domingo are both too dignified to get involved in petty tit for tats with someone who had clearly had one too many shandys and thought that they could take on the world lol

Hope you enjoy the weather out there boss - its grim back ere. (n)

Anyway - In Dyche we trust, onwards and upwards for the Bournemouth game and a chance for both the manager & players to show a response to a dissapointing result yesterday.

Yesterdays result can simply not define our season - we're better than that as performances in the main have shown. COYB

I did think at the time that you and @Saint Domingo are both too dignified to get involved in petty tit for tats with someone who had clearly had one too many shandys and thought that they could take on the world lol

Anyway - In Dyche we trust, onwards and upwards for the Bournemouth game and a chance for both the manager & players to show a response to a dissapointing result yesterday.

Yesterdays result can simply not define our season - we're better than that as performances in the main have shown. COYB

Mike’s just having a bad time because Brighton lost yesterday. There’s no other excuse for his cryarseing this season every time we lose a game. 7 games ffs.

It would be bloody nice!

I suspect we're only laughing because we'd cry. One of my mates pointed out we've lost 7 of our last 8 at home.

That really is unacceptable and the kind of record that brings relegation if it continues.

It's a similar record that did for Lampard. There's a pattern it seems - we seem to get wins initially at home under a new manager, then we start losing and it spirals. I pinpoint home results because Goodison can and should be a fortress. Yet something happens year after year.
Totally agree imagine we're we would be if we could win half of them . It's scary how bad we are

Mike’s just having a bad time because Brighton lost yesterday. There’s no other excuse for his cryarseing this season every time we lose a game. 7 games ffs.

Oh don’t worry I’m not concerned one bit about Brighton, I have no doubt whatsoever that they are finishing at least 25 points ahead of us. Don’t you have some twisting and contorting to do in the Liverpool thread about how a VAR decision actually went against them despite the whole system being run by Kopites and rigged in their favour?

Becoming a regular theme this isn't it?

There was only last week we haven't said it since August.
Tick Tock

We lost 13 out of 19 home games

Why are you acting liked this is just about yesterday? Our home form is appalling under Dyche

Other managers got sacked here for far less.

There is no excuse to have 4 points from these games. The manager is responsible for such dreadful lethargic, conservative performances at home. He talks about organisation and details but can't even manage set pieces.

Oh don’t worry I’m not concerned one bit about Brighton, I have no doubt whatsoever that they are finishing at least 25 points ahead of us. Don’t you have some twisting and contorting to do in the Liverpool thread about how a VAR decision actually went against them despite the whole system being run by Kopites and rigged in their favour?
My prediction of Brighton finishing bottom is looking bit dodgy tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back