2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll be fine.

I don't want us to sack him.
1x1evl.jpg

I was right about staying up though. You should try backing the manager a bit more and supporting your own team rather than throwing your toys out the pram every time we lose.

Why should I back this manager? He has proven over a very very long period of time that he isn’t a very good manager. Getting Burnley into the Europa League qualifying round 7 years ago means nothing at all to me either.

I’ll back a manager that gives me a reason to back him.

Why should I back this manager? He has proven over a very very long period of time that he isn’t a very good manager. Getting Burnley into the Europa League qualifying round 7 years ago means nothing at all to me either.

I’ll back a manager that gives me a reason to back him.

So you’ve taken all his failures over that long period as evidence but just discounted his biggest success as meaningless. Seems fair.

Got Burnley promoted twice

Took Burnley into europe on one of the lowest budgets in the league

Kept one of the worst group of Everton players I’ve ever seen up last season out performing all his relegation rivals without a recognised striker

Has shown the tactical acumen to convincing dismantle Brighton Villa and Brentford (three sides with imperious home form at the time) on their own patch.

He’s been here less than a full season and had one transfer window.

It’s not a binary thing, you can back the manager for now whilst still harbouring concerns and reservations, it doesn’t have to mean anyone backing him is a fanboy and anyone questioning him wants him out now.

Cool. I've seen Michael Keane have some very good games for us in a low block. But he's crap, and not good enough.

Dyche's pros are much less prevalent than his cons, unfortunately.

He should have played a midfield/forward line yesterday of;
————Calvert-Lewin————
McNeil——Danjuma——Harrison
———Onana——Garner———

No one who saw that starting 11 yesterday thought that was the right way to go against Luton. Dyche is obsessed with how far players run and what level they get on a bleep test, so Doucoure and Gana are shoe horned into the side regardless of the opposition. Garner is our most confident, progressive passer of the ball in midfield so needs to play in central midfield every week.

This is one that got me.

What's the thought process that puts him back into side knowing - Onana/Garner just played best ever game together + we're playing probably the worst side in the league, going to dominate possession + need creative players to break them down.

Horrible, negative decision.
This is spot on.

Dyche's team selection handed them a way into the game and invited pressure. It's not the only reason we lost (we had double their possession and nearly 3 x their shots) but this is not the first time Dyche's put the wrong people on pitch.

I was happy to see him in last year, we were nailed on relegation fodder. He did brilliantly with no forwards and no full-backs. But he appears to either be over-thinking formations and quality in final 3rd is poor. Also playing DCL relentlessly when Beto is there to shoulder the work and in need of game time and a goal or two.

Wakey wakey Sean - a lot of fans here don't necessarily want more change but you godda deliver on the basics.

Couldn't have given a worse debut to the 777 crowd, either.

He should have played a midfield/forward line yesterday of;
————Calvert-Lewin————
McNeil——Danjuma——Harrison
———Onana——Garner———

No one who saw that starting 11 yesterday thought that was the right way to go against Luton. Dyche is obsessed with how far players run and what level they get on a bleep test, so Doucoure and Gana are shoe horned into the side regardless of the opposition. Garner is our most confident, progressive passer of the ball in midfield so needs to play in central midfield every week.
Yup, nailed it. Waay too negative. Also should be using DCL for 30 mins yesterday not a whole game when Beto can do 90 and needs goals.

Sean you plum you totally screwed up yesterday.

The defending at corners is terrible. Osman pointed it out immediately - so we have everyone in our box zonal marking - and Luton played outswingers that they won every single time. They could have scored 3 in the first half alone. It doesn't help when Pickford is rooted to his line like Marcel Marceaux.
Why we don't have at least one person on the half way line is an absolute mystery. This would mean at least 2 Luton players have to mark our one man. It's a no brainer. Dyche and his team are always so slow to react.

Got Burnley promoted twice

Took Burnley into europe on one of the lowest budgets in the league

Kept one of the worst group of Everton players I’ve ever seen up last season out performing all his relegation rivals without a recognised striker

Has shown the tactical acumen to convincing dismantle Brighton Villa and Brentford (three sides with imperious home form at the time) on their own patch.

He’s been here less than a full season and had one transfer window.

It’s not a binary thing, you can back the manager for now whilst still harbouring concerns and reservations, it doesn’t have to mean anyone backing him is a fanboy and anyone questioning him wants him out now.
He got them relegated twice

He got dismantled by Luton Fulham Wolves at home

He has been here for 9 months and we look no different from when he took over apart from the odd games you mention (3 games)

He has a lower win% than the last 2 managers who were run out of the club

He has had a full pre-season to implement a style of play

He harps on about 'details' the details he should be rectifying as manager

He has no answer tactical wise to going a goal down apart from launch from Pickford to the striker

He hasn't kept a clean sheet this season with a perfect group of opening fixtures (couldnt of hand picked a better first 7 games)

He has served us up performances like Doncaster Arsenal and Luton (probably up there with the worst performances ive witnessed in a long time)

When Dyche came in I was not thrilled but I thought at least he would make us difficult to beat and horrible to play against. How wrong I was :(

The defending at corners is terrible. Osman pointed it out immediately - so we have everyone in our box zonal marking - and Luton played outswingers that they won every single time. They could have scored 3 in the first half alone. It doesn't help when Pickford is rooted to his line like Marcel Marceaux.
Why we don't have at least one person on the half way line is an absolute mystery. This would mean at least 2 Luton players have to mark our one man. It's a no brainer. Dyche and his team are always so slow to react.
Yes. We had Branthwaite, Tarkowski, Onana, Doucoure, Calvert-Lewin on the pitch when we conceded those goals yesterday. I’ve seen a stat somewhere that we’re the tallest team in the league. We should concede about 2 goals from set pieces in the whole season, let alone in one half. That’s on Dyche. The one thing he is supposed to be good at is organising defences, but he’s spectacularly failing to do that as well.

Yes, seven games. But, four points. Against the weaker teams in the division. How many games is enough games to be concerned? I'll check back in with you then.
He will feel the same as us soon just might take a while for the penny to drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back