2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Becoming a regular theme this isn't it?

There was only last week we haven't said it since August.
Tick Tock

He's been ere less than a year mate and had 1 transfer window in which funds were almost none existent.

Now is not the time to be talking about sacking yet another manager.

Even if we did sack him who is available that would even entertain us ? Potterball, Steve Bruce & Tony Pulis just some of the names thrown about and none will do anything more than what Dyche has done.

He's going through my old posts in the Lampard thread as we speak and "middle fingering" them lol

I used to rise to his bait but then upon reflection started to genuinely feel sorry for the boy. Imagine being so unhappy/unfulfilled in your life that you spend your weekends crying about a game of football / raging over other peoples opinions on the internet 🤷‍♂️

Anyway whats your thoughts on yesterday mate ? For me Dyche has to start looking at 3 at the back - its clear to me that he's actually trying to set us up to "have a go" but we simply haven't the defence to play that way.

Similiar issue Ancelotti faced in which he then "shut up shop" and played for the 1-0.

I think he's let the dinosaur tag lift heavy around his neck since managing us and wants to try appease the fans/critics by showing he's not a one trick pony but as a result of that we're shipping gols.

3 At the back, Onana + Garner in the middle and a front 3 of McNeil, DCL and Harrison and I think we'll be alright. If he sticks to the current formation then I fear the players will let him down and his job becomes in trouble.
This is a weird post. You seem to be saying that Dyche should change his tactics and he's been bullied by the crowd and the press into playing a way he doesn't want to. However, you then say that despite that it'll be the players fault if it all goes awry. Is that correct?

I think he needs to drop Gueye and Doucoure, put Garner in the middle and Harrison or Danjuma outwide starting. A valid criticism of him is he’s often late making changes to the starting line ups but then I remember saying the same about Moyes and Ancelotti. In the past Dyche has usually done it eventually if a bit too late for most fans liking.

Basically after watching two seasons of utter dross and players walking round the pitch refusing to work for managers and not caring, I’m not about to demand the removal of a manager who kept us up last season, has all the players working hard, and has just shown he can win back to back away games at tough venues.

Yes the home form isn’t great but you would think after cycling through 7 managers all with the same results that eventually the fans might allow one manager some time regardless of poor results to fix some problems. Not in this age of internet fans wanting a pat on the head from Sky every game. I’m sure there’s a hipster manager out there who could have us in the top 4 no problem just by ‘going for it’ a bit more.
Christ. What a terrible, reductive take.

Blows my mind this.

He's been ere less than a year mate and had 1 transfer window in which funds were almost none existent.

Even if we did sack him who is available that would even entertain us ? Potterball, Steve Bruce & Tony Pulis just some of the names thrown about and none will do anything more than what Dyche has done.
No mate i don't want any of them dinosaurs like we currently have now.

Now is exactly the time to sack him, you want to wait until January again? for what? For him to do something he has never done in his career apart from once and move his team away from relegation fights.

This squad has deficiencies but it should not be losing to Luton town at home and the last two games before yesterday's debacle displayed what the team is capable of when properly setup the problem is that dyche only does this like 1 out of 5 games , this team shouldn't be challenging for Europe bit with the quality of the promoted teams we should be comfortably averting relegation and dyche's tactics have been oddly naive for a manager who has amassed the experience that he has over the years

The problem is not the squad. The problem is the lack of a meaningful tactical approach - especially at home.

No mate i don't want any of them dinosaurs like we currently have now.

Now is exactly the time to sack him, you want to wait until January again? for what? For him to do something he has never done in his career apart from once and move his team away from relegation fights.
Our goal this season is to avoid relegation until BMD is built / the ownership/board situation is resolved.

I trust Dyche to finish above the bottom 3 spots with the squad we have particularly when Coleman and Harrison are back fully fit and in the starting 11.

talk of paying Dyche off to bring in someone like Potter, Rooney, Pulis just doesn't float FB92's boat. Its just wasting money that could be going to the new ground or transfers.
The problem is not the squad. The problem is the lack of a meaningful tactical approach - especially at home.

I think its been apparent that we're a counter attacking team and have been for years now over numerous managers of varying CV's. Even the great Carlo Ancelotti had us beaten at Goodison by already relegated Sheffield Utd because the onus was on us to dominate possession and beat them similiar to yesterday.

I understand what you mean is just you have to question dyche yesterday was a big loss. Another home game 0 points, has to win the next one for me can really see the fanbase turning on him

I think it’s been apparent that we're a counter attacking team and have been for years now over numerous managers of varying CV's. Even the great Carlo Ancelotti had us beaten at Goodison by already relegated Sheffield Utd because the onus was on us to dominate possession and beat them similiar to yesterday.
There is no argument you can make that Dyche is somehow about par at home.

7 defeats in 8 shuts your argument down, instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back